Game freeze in a graphic Bug

Denn15

Question

He Guys, im German so sorry if my english is not the best.

I played CnC for years. Red Alert 2 was my first PC Game ever and i realy love this game.

I watch many videos on Youtube and decided to play the Game ones more.

My orginal version doesent work on my windows 10, so i bought the  ultimate collction (german version) in the origin store.

I can install and come to the main menu but if i start a game there is a graphic bug and freeze. Looks like a 3D effect without a 3D glasses:

gQYjHq0dWJA2CoTgcxADOLlP_s9O5mFbxJClVbMtFur5_w1gVWYHduEPO6bo_YzhJCcDc4RfN3hfGmgk1ry5KAL6Ps3b1x33OYbnJ1-B_jUnkbufcv0LJZ0stIaN8abQAxVlXytbdbT_E-TFiww5wEEdwBrcjh1iaWjL0QOx4B3AXVnbVVpn5qnJc0QFAeiybFaM2_H2DSa-s3aKE_tXoaD-cSDOqs0NBt66Q-0ZNvExIg59WDugZ3JjHi5dzqYENuvfxfYDf3H2hS_M0fssYjMwX_lbgVO-Rbqzxqj7SJhcGVwT4KAXwDz3hVMtiwN7rA2j_O6p4ls7HhPBh1tt6grkDAJg5u7b2xhm0pqxJWQIFknXy9YZ0h7mmyes4bYvHx7LdolZeRxtXPIYy0X0x_sZgYXz41c8r0-KhNhzr7NAtzfrrjPdrsQ7on8_aqSLIODo84236gE99Rp0tJSUSLC4SFHQNN3i8I7iBlZ1BkYjFCJj5Jvwbq3hLwlufE6esxQ_Q3dIy9D8vve4sNdPxoBjb894TBzmO4l6YgM6MHPOx08j59xfLGVMzscnDUiA-3_rMurI8Z-2YTICR2AYR3YNcEj1W261ZYAwoZ1l_tb3VjTyXXE-=w1684-h947-no

I tryed to start the game in compatibility mode but that doesent work. Have anyone an idea how to fix this? I wanna play this game so badly.

1 answer to this question

The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve several graphics problems in the game, including that one.

Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and try running it again.