Rato98

Question

To start off, here are my system specs:

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Intel Core i5-6600K

16GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

I've downloaded and installed RA2 & YR via origin

They've been installed onto my (D:) drive as that's where I put all of my non-essentials (the C drive is a smaller SSD).

File path is;

D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II

I've downloaded and installed the CnCNet YR client, also updated it.

- While my Desktop Res is set to: 2715 x 1697  the Yuri's revenge main executable crashes upon launching a game, provided the Rederer is set to TS-DDRAW. (This took a lot of searching to find out the cause of the crash being my desktop res.)

If the Rederer is set to anything else while my Desktop res is this large, it doesn't even get as far as launching the game.

--------

- Changing my Desktop Res to 1680 x 1050, I am now able to launch a game of Yuri's revenge without the Executable crashing.

- I am now able to run Yuri's Revenge without any flaws (to my knowledge), however if I set it to anything higher than 800 x 600 I encounter problems.

- - All testing done via Skirmish so I could do trial and error in a realistic time-frame - -

If I set it to a resolution any larger than 800x600 the following problems occur;

- Using 'TS-DDRAW' Renderer

- The TAB screen (team info screen) is oversized and has no exit button, the allied etc buttons are also misplaced and        cannot be clicked.

(Forced close using task manager is required)

- Pressing the ESC key to go to the menu, or to quit, will only show the Background image, there are no options to click (Abort, resume mission, Game settings etc.)

(Forced close using task manager required)

- There is no Side bar (construction tab, mini-map etc)

- There is no action bar (way-points, teams, grouping etc)

----------

- Using 'Default' Renderer

- On 800x600 the construction tab and action bars are visible and interact correctly.

- The game flickers and briefly shows the desktop before player's loading bars begin.

- The ESC button when ingame freezes the game

(Forced close using task manager required)

- The TAB screen functions correctly.

- Anything larger than 800x600 results in the same problems as the above TS-DDRAW renderer.

----------

- Using 'IE-DDRAW' Renderer

- On 800x600 the construction tab and action bars are visible and interact correctly.

- Anything larger than 800x600 produces the same results as the above 2 renderers.

----------

- Using 'DD-WRAPPER' Renderer

- ESC button freezes the game.

- Anything larger than 800x600 produces the same results as the above 3 renderers.

I did try the other renderers but I was receiving similar results.

The long and short of it is, I cannot get anything larger than 800x600 which is frustrating as I had just been playing using a larger res on my brother's computer.

Can anybody assist?

2 answers to this question

Amazing!

I hadn't realised that each time I use my TV as another monitor, It was adjusting my resolution and DPI scaling, and then staying that way even after unplugging.

I have it all working now, thanks for your assistance!