[FA2YR] How to make No MCV on start?

QuAArK

Hello I'm new on CnCNet forums, but I already read most of the posts here.

I have been playing this game since beginning and started making maps since 2003, so far I think i made over 200+ maps.

I was working on maps with triggers later on and I managed to understand how they work.

I have been making some campaigns maps with survival waves, time travel etc.

But there are thing that bothers me, how can you make the skirmish/multiplayer maps without the MCV on the start?

There were of course some of my ways of getting rid of it, but thats not so effective.

Also it seemed like the "3. Production Begins" and "13 Autocreate Begins" doesn't work when enemy's MCV isn't deployed,

How to make enemy build it's own teamtypes like normal A.I when the MCV isn't deployed or when its destroyed before deployed?

Is there a trigger to teleport all of the units of player, because "128. Teleport All to" has only 2 waypoints and can teleport only owner of the trigger, while it looks possible for single player, but for multiplayer its not.

And lastly, I made my map that has smaller visible area on the start, just so after one event it resizes with the trigger.

But, the problem is that units that were put on map and set the (14. Change House ) are not in the visible area and they tend to go to the visible area,

is there something that prevents them from doing it, so they will defend and guard the base outside the visible area?

In multiplayer maps, you can define a multiplayer house as trigger owner (same with TeamTypes).

I don't know if MCVs are hardcoded in RA2, but there is a rulesmd.ini tag in [General] section: BaseUnit=AMCV,SMCV,PCV - try change these to another three units you want to have at start instead.

• 2 weeks later...

In multiplayer maps, you can define a multiplayer house as trigger owner (same with TeamTypes).

I don't know if MCVs are hardcoded in RA2, but there is a rulesmd.ini tag in [General] section: BaseUnit=AMCV,SMCV,PCV - try change these to another three units you want to have at start instead.

Well it can be defined by certain house(America, Korea etc) but I can't use trigger as player's location(which sometimes might start as diffrent house) which is also defined as house for some triggers like 14. Change House. Is there method that I missed?

I saw someone made campaign map which made you respawn without the MCV, but I couldn't open it by FA2YR so its possible and probably the same way you mentioned. Can I edit the map by notepad++ and change BaseUnit=AMCV,SMCV,PCV to BaseUnit=  and leave it empty?

leaving that empty may cause a Div/0 error or something like this, but you can try.

Other way is, take the [AMCV], [sMCV], [PCV] entries from the rulesmd.ini, replace all entries by entries from any tank, add Image=(tank image), Deployer=no, DeploysInto=none, TechLevel=-1

As result, there would be no MCVs available in your game anymore.

with triggers and multiplayer houses, I#m not sure. Certain trigger types don't work in MP, cell-triggers don't work at all.

If you make a teamtype, there's an option "<Player @A>" or something like that. I guess you can add this house manually by NotePad+ as trigger owner too. (Numbers 4475 to 4481).

I remember there is a MP map, where all players get a nuke plant a beginning by a trigger, but I don't remember the map name anymore.

If you find that map, look how the have done it.

Yeah, it crashes the game when I start my edited map after I set the BaseUnit= or BaseUnit=None, tried other methods but nothing works. Also couldn't figure out how to replace the MCV with something else because every way I tried it was still MCV.

I noticed that cell-triggers didn't work everytime I used them, I thought I was doing something wrong.

Thanks for the idea for changing the House owner by notepad, I completely forgot about it, I'm going to try it when its not possible to set it by FinalAlert2. Are other triggers like "Discovered by Player" "Entered by Player" working multiplayer? Because I tried to change house owner upon discovery for specific player and it didn't work as intended.

I have seen lots of mission maps/custom maps with bulidings placed for people, MCV destroyed by 100% damage, but seems you can't really remove MCV because the triggers starts few seconds after you respawn with MCV, must be hard-coded. The campaigns that I found with no MCV on start must have been hidden and destroyed by trigger and camera was forced somewhere else with nearest units.

Thanks for help! Could have been a nice campaigns if those worked, I'm working on Yuri's campaign after Soviet's timeline where Yuri got lost in time. Currently finished the map and managed to make working time travel.

You can do a trigger with action "Apply 100 damage at..." and set the waypoint of the MCV starting point so it will be destroyed after beginning.

Guess you need to do that action several times on that trigger due the heavy armor of the MCV. Otherwise reduce strength of the MCV.

"Entered by House" may work. Any actions with "... player" won't work in MP maps.

Create taskforce

Sovmcv

Alliedmcv

Script=delete teammembers

Teamtypes

create for both players

so 4 teamtypes 2 sov and 2 allied mcv

create trigger for both players

any event

(4) create team  (delete mcvs)

set shortgame off

Np