Dune 2000 Random Map Generator

shai

For the past little while, I have been working on a map generator for Dune 2000, and it is now a fairly good state in terms of development. This was originally posted over on the FED2k forum but it was suggested that I post it here as well. https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27507-release-dune-2000-random-map-generator/

As of the last posted update, it can:

• Create maps varying in sizes from roughly 24x24 to 128x128
  • Add in a number of rock plains, where players will spawn
  • Add in a number of small rock plains, to make some variation in the endless desert of Arrakis
  • Add in a number of sand/rock misc tiles, such as the outcroppings in many of the tilesets
  • Add in a number of dune patches throughout the map
  • Add in a number of spice fields throughout the map, some with spice blooms, some without

Here is a visible example of one: http://i.imgur.com/DnG1R5a.jpg

And a download for it is below, as well as one for the generator itself and the uncompiled code. Java is required to run it. Simply double click the 'run.bat' file to generate a map using exactly the settings in the 'settings.ini', or 'runGUI.bat' for an interface that simplifies the process; all you need to specify are the map dimensions and tileset, though it currently only supports the 'BLOXBGBS' tileset.

When a map is created, a total of three files are made. A log file, an ini file, and the map file. The log file contains the settings that were used to create the map. The ini file contains the name of the map, for use with the CnCNet launcher. And the map file, of course is the map itself.

And that is all, please report any problems you may encounter while running it, or any suggestions you may have.