Maps Not Showing Up In Multiplayer

Slyforion

Question

I have downloaded some custom maps for Yuris Revenge.

I have placed the downloaded maps in my Maps/Custom folder under root.

I have various maps with .map and .yrm extensions. Some maps have both a .yrm and a .map version. Most of my maps are not showing up the preview picture in cncnet. I can play the maps, its just that I cannot view the preview in the shell before the game starts.

Are there any standard protocols for how I should go about downloading custom maps? I don't really know the difference between .yrm or .map.

If anyone could answer or point me to a thread that contains the answer, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

I have various maps with .map and .yrm extensions. Some maps have both a .yrm and a .map version. Most of my maps are not showing up the preview picture in cncnet. I can play the maps, its just that I cannot view the preview in the shell before the game starts.

Those maps probably don't have a preview picture embedded in them, so the client can't display them.

However, the YR client has the Map Renderer integrated into it that should, AFAIK, create high-resolution previews of all custom maps (including custom maps that have no embedded preview in them) eventually if you give it some time.