CnCNet RA2YR Failing to recognize custom maps

capablekingsman

Question

Short story: RA2YR fails to identify new maps in any directory with any file extension. Administrator access granted to all exe.

Long form: This is driving me insane. the CnCNet game lobby does not recognize new maps regardless of their location. It picked up on a custom map yesterday and I have no idea how to replicate this victory. It doesn't matter where I save the map or what extension I use. .yrm .map .mpr in any folder, RA2 root, Maps, Custom. I can't get it to recognize a new map.

To further my frustration and confusion, CnCNet RA2 lobby continues to recognize a custom map that I have thoroughly deleted from my PC. copies in RA2 directory, trash bin, Temp, or anywhere else you'd think it could be found and the map still shows up to be played on. This confounds me to a ludicrous degree.

Other (hopefully) helpful details: Have tried restarts, disabling anti-virus, online/offline play, other custom maps in all combinations. Have tried Google&Forum searches for answers

This is probably a super simple problem that is evading me like a ninja. I look forward to any shame felt by simple solutions. Thank you for any help you can offer!

Apr 10 Edit: I've made progress on this. Closing Final Alert, waiting a bit, and launching YR again will usually result in new maps found. Curiously, deleted maps yet exist in the list.

4 answers to this question

Custom maps need to be in <YR dir>\Maps\Custom\ folder and have a .map extension. It's that simple.

While its good to have a definitive answer on file location, this does not solve my dilemma. App still fails to recognize new maps placed in Maps\Custom\ that are saved as .map

Custom maps need to be in <YR dir>\Maps\Custom\ folder and have a .map extension. It's that simple.

While its good to have a definitive answer on file location, this does not solve my dilemma. App still fails to recognize new maps placed in Maps\Custom\ that are saved as .map

Hello - check the different game modes, most people trip up on this part. Where the map preview is in your game lobby, change the game mode, you might find your custom maps under a different one.

Rampastring - the YR edition, .yrm and .map are also searched for and converted to .map

Hello - check the different game modes, most people trip up on this part. Where the map preview is in your game lobby, change the game mode, you might find your custom maps under a different one.

Rampastring - the YR edition, .yrm and .map are also searched for and converted to .map

I learned this recently through various trial and error and its a good tip for others having issues. This hasn't solved it. Recently I've had delayed successes by closing FinalAlert before loading YR and repeatedly closing/loading YR until the map arrives. Still confounded on YR storing maps that I have deleted.