c&c Red Alert Map Editor Tutorial?

NodreconBike

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if the is a text document that explains all the features of the Red Alert 1 map editor called C&C RAED?

I don't understand the option "infinite ore" and why the harvesters only fill "two squares" instead of their max load when playing custom skirmish

maps with that option selected.

example.jpg.f8359502ddd93440e3e09404c94f5646.jpg

example.jpg

Thanks for the tip! :D  Is there anyway to make a map with "regular" ore that can grow just as fast as infinite ore?

I'm trying to make a custom skirmish map based on a map from "The Red Alert" mod from red alert 3... on that mod ore fields take up small space in the map and don't spread.

I was hoping to replicate that affect on the original Red Alert. Just a small round area of ore with a ore shaft in the middle that never grows larger but stays the same size. Kind of like infinite ore except with the original value. Do you how I could make that work?

8 hours ago, NodreconBike said:

Thanks for the tip! :D  Is there anyway to make a map with "regular" ore that can grow just as fast as infinite ore?

I'm trying to make a custom skirmish map based on a map from "The Red Alert" mod from red alert 3... on that mod ore fields take up small space in the map and don't spread.

I was hoping to replicate that affect on the original Red Alert. Just a small round area of ore with a ore shaft in the middle that never grows larger but stays the same size. Kind of like infinite ore except with the original value. Do you how I could make that work?

Yes, you can do that in RAED. Just enable infinite ore and create the map, afterwards you can adjust the values in the map editor with the T button in the top right.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Yes, you can do that in RAED. Just enable infinite ore and create the map, afterwards you can adjust the values in the map editor with the T button in the top right.

[Ok just to let you all know I'm 99% inexperienced when it comes to making however small modifications to a game. (I've been trying to make "simple" mods by just modifying rules.ini , but that's taking me some time.)]

So I made 2 test maps (one with "regular" ore and one with infinite ore) so  I could compare the values of each and setup the infinite ore value to the "regular value". (whatever that number is)

What is the default value?

This is what I found:

59e768891f395_Infiniteore.thumb.jpg.31ba5f5491087c83c12d28ee2a5aa293.jpg

59e768a9de15e_Regularore.thumb.jpg.d57148ea514adbfe5e1239d510ede8d4.jpg

First I want to thank you so much for all your help...

I'm got a new problem. I have in the past made little modifications to the rules.ini such as ten paratroopers instead of five and stuff like that.

However, Went I start a skirmish using "RA95Launcher.exe" in the latest and greatest version of c&c red alert the modifications do not appear. But if I go the the program directory and start red alert from "ra95.exe" or "ra95-spawn.exe" or "ra95_Mod-Launcher.exe" the changes work.

How do I host and lan game or start a skirmish using "RA95Launcher.exe" so that my changes work. I would rather use ""RA95Launcher.exe" to host or start a skirmish because you can choose your starting location and all kinds of other nice options...

help please.

d.thumb.jpg.ee9087db76b9a07b31c51e278f72b5e3.jpg

Starting a Skirmish this way "removes" the changes I've made to rules.ini

f.thumb.jpg.49add2ffe99d258b2c03953b1d4e09b3.jpg

Starting from ra95.exe makes it possible to see my changes, but then I can't choose starting locations and all other needs...

g.jpg.58fcaeae1c078afb40eaa95f1f7d3c0c.jpg

d.jpg

Edited by NodreconBike
wrong picture order.

Hi again, the reason why I'm editing the spawn.xdp file is because I'm trying to make a "simple" mod for red alert that doesn't change the game play or balance it, just improve it a little...

(Remember I'am new to all this)

The goals (so far) by just modifying the spawn.xdp are (all the points with a ":)" means I've already accomplished):

:)1. add the supply truck with 4 passengers to both sides in multiplayer games, mainly so that the soviets have a ground transport.

:)2.add the chinook to both sides (because the allies use them in the campaign)

:)3. (as radical as it may sound) add dogs and kennel to allies (what if a multiplayer game involves allies vs. allies. How will they stop the other players spies? (I know human players don't need them but it makes it seem happier.)

4. Make Tanya an allies only unit and give the soviets Volkov from the campaign. (and somehow make it so you can only train one tanya or volkov. who ever heard of two tanyas?)

:)(maybe)5. Maybe... just maybe increase the nukes power of destroying vehicles and maybe increase its range of damage.

:)6. Make it so paratroopers come with 10 riflemen. What's the point of having 5 little guys with BB guns every 17 minutes? They're useless.

7. Give the allies the ability to have paratroopers and parabombs without the airfield or jet and fighter plane. Or (if its possible) have a chinook come off the edge of the map with reinforcements. (paratroopers with the "para")

So far I'm stuck on point 4 and 7.

I've added a new building from: http://ra.afraid.org/html/downloads/structures.html

called: Air Traffic Control Tower  thumbnail image

I plan on making it a building necessary to have badger related items (the paratroopers and parabombs)

I have edited the spawn.xdp like this:

*The structure:

; new thing
[FCOM]
Name=Air Traffic Control
Image=atrc
Prerequisite=dome
Strength=600
Armor=concrete
TechLevel=5
Sight=4
Owner=allies,soviets
Cost=1500
Points=85
Power=-100
Bib=yes
Capturable=true
Crewed=yes

*The badger:

; Badger bomber
[BADR]
Prerequisite=fcom
Primary=ParaBomb
Strength=60
Armor=light
TechLevel=-1
Sight=0
Speed=16
Owner=allies,soviet
Cost=10
Points=20
ROT=5
Ammo=5
Passengers=10

*The soviet airfield:

; airstrip
[AFLD]
Prerequisite=dome,fcom
Strength=1000
Armor=heavy
TechLevel=5
Sight=7
Owner=soviet
Cost=600
Points=70
Power=-30
Capturable=true
Crewed=yes

How Do I give the new building the "characteristics" of the airfield pertaining to the paratroopers and parabombs? No matter what I've tried I can't make the new building "cough up" paratroopers or anything.

What do you think about the whole idea? Are there any changes you think should be made or added to my idea?

air.jpg.33077f11474713e87cac7f60802fb3cf.jpg

Hello all,

I've got a weird question. Is there such a thing in the map editor for Red Alert as a straight bridge? I'm trying to make a mutiplayer map with a channel in the middle and three bridges running across, but the bridge tiles seem to only go in a diagonal Gallery For > Diagonal Line Images.

Is there no such thing as a bridge that runs straight around or straight up and down?

General Idea:main.jpg.0d81edbb0313c22935f7c016fef8f7ae.jpg

Tiles that I have to choose from:

a.jpg.eeb888867e552599045f094448c60218.jpg   b.jpg.850b91dc2eda7d6385ea71f0bc3c584d.jpg   c.jpg.97bfe9d0382fec0c43f6bea282b850aa.jpg      ???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some help and Advice Please.

Thank you,

NodreconBike / Noddynod443

(P.S. to Admin.-- I tried making a account with the username "noddynod443", but something got botched up (password or something). I entered the correct email for the account in the "forgot password" section. It says that it sent a password reset message to me, but I never get it (checked spam and tried many times). So I made the account "NodreconBike" with a different email because the account maker wouldn't let me make one with the first email or username. Is there anyway to fix the problem?)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/26/2018 at 3:27 AM, JT-chemist said:

Hello, im interested to know if the "Prerequiste=dome,fcom" line has worked for the Airfield. Only making the Air Traffic Control you are allowed to build Airfield?

Thanks a lot for your replie.

Sorry for my very late reply; yesthe prerequiste line did work.