Graphical Glitch

cbarchuk

I just recently bought the ultimate collection off of Origin so I could play the jewel that is Red Alert 2. With the help of the DDwrapper the game runs fine and smooth on Win10 for the most part. The only issue I'm having is during the game periodically the screen will flicker for a few seconds with images of my desktop. Not a huge deal but I would love it if anyone could point me to the cause of it. Thanks. 

If you had a Yuri's Revenge shortcut installed on your desktop, right click and do the following:

Click Properties

Select the Compatibility tab

Check the box for "Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For" and then select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"

Also, if it's not already unchecked, then go ahead and do so for "Disable fullscreen optimizations" near the bottom.

On 28. 10. 2017. at 4:22 PM, cbarchuk said:

The only issue I'm having is during the game periodically the screen will flicker for a few seconds with images of my desktop.

This is due to the renderers being a bit touchy on Windows 10. If the renderer you currently have set in your YR CnCNet client is the only one at which the game will run properly, then your only shot at minimizing the issue is closing or minimizing any background applications which have moving elements (Skype emoticons, YouTube videos, etc.)