At the highest level of ability does everyones style become uniform in cnc1?

chem

So the better you get the less room their is for individuality in terms of your style?

If everyone was good enough would they all play in a very similar way?

Take for example Mike Pence  he always uses an engineer rush either very early or in combination early , hes really good at it, but I sense perhaps he will ultimately find that its a losers gamble, that the money is better off used in a low risk very conservative way. (just a guess I don't know what optimal is)

Now take  my style 2 airfields instead of 1 airfield turrets bazookas refineries and tech, sometimes it works but more often than not doing what Jacko /PHD does works better , its more effective, most of the time.  So  as I gradually learn I become less individualised.   

These individual tactics like engie rushes, early twin airfields etc will take you a long way, and that is great I like to fight against a different style of player it keeps the game interesting, but am I right in presuming that there must be an optimal way (for most maps and situations) and   that will lead to a very uniformed style of play at the very top of the skill curve? 

Edited by chem
  • Confused 1