Standard/competitive multiplayer settings

PintinhoPiu

Hey there, folks!

Title.

Saw some tournament videos from this very year and the players were using 1024x768 res.

Having downloaded the game recently and making use of most of Gruntsmod's features (1920x1080, switching hotkeys and whatnot), my question is:

is there some sort of strict set of rules/settings for competitive play or are such things decided by the players themselves?

I ask for I find it odd that what few competitive players (again, those were tournament videos) this game has left would choose 1024x768 over 1920x1080 or any higher res, for that matter (unless this influences gameplay somehow and being a new player I admit I'm unaware of any such thing).

Cheers!

P.S.: Just a swift question: any news on any upcoming tournament? Thanks again!

Setting your resolution too high makes it really difficult to play the game, everything becomes too small and you'll get a lot slower. It's the same in C&C1 and RA1 too, most players use lower resolutions, otherwise they'll have a hard time keeping up with the good players.

Having more items in the sidebar is a nice advantage though. 1920x1080 is most definitely too high, try 1280x720 instead!

21 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Setting your resolution too high makes it really difficult to play the game, everything becomes too small and you'll get a lot slower. It's the same in C&C1 and RA1 too, most players use lower resolutions, otherwise they'll have a hard time keeping up with the good players.

Having more items in the sidebar is a nice advantage though. 1920x1080 is most definitely too high, try 1280x720 instead!

Thanks a lot for the reply! Yeah, been testing with the settings now and I could feel the difference and understand why they'd want to play at a lower res!

Also, can you please tell me whether Dune has an attack move feature akin to TS? I've been trying pretty much every single combination of Ctrl + Shift + Alt + whatever else but it seems like it leads me nowhere :S

Cheers and thanks once more!

On 7/9/2018 at 11:20 PM, PintinhoPiu said:

Thanks a lot for the reply! Yeah, been testing with the settings now and I could feel the difference and understand why they'd want to play at a lower res!

Also, can you please tell me whether Dune has an attack move feature akin to TS? I've been trying pretty much every single combination of Ctrl + Shift + Alt + whatever else but it seems like it leads me nowhere :S

Cheers and thanks once more!

Nope, there is no attack move in dune 2000. 

BTW, You can (and should) watch some of the better players on Shao's channel https://www.youtube.com/user/radim22/videos