Beta Sub [RA1]

Allen262

Yup, that looks pretty good. Did you try using shadow to create the effect at all?

I would be interested to see what that looks like, might have a go myself.

It certainly looks allot better than the "sitting on top of the water" sub... I'm just thinking maybe there's a way to keep some of those ripple effects that sit above the water on top of the body of it.

You could make a projectile that has a wake but the wake would not turn and would start in or behind the Sub. The "Torpedo" is not even a Torpedo it is just a MISSILE with Underwater

; Sub-surface projectile.

[Torpedo]

UnderWater=yes

Image=MISSILE

Rotates=yes

ASW=yes

Animates=yes

; anti aircraft missile

[AAMissile]

Arm=3

High=yes

Shadow=no

Proximity=yes

Animates=yes

Ranged=yes

AA=yes

AG=no

Image=MISSILE

ROT=20

Rotates=yes

Translucent=yes

Ahh, you're right, sucks.

I suppose it COULD be done, but you'd have to make it AS a mod and have a certain missile used directly for the torp. And yeah, I knew it wouldn't turn.

As long as the wake wasn't too long though, it might look quite cool (allot of work to really make it though).

The thing is any thing under water can't use water "colors" It all gose to the dark shadow colors. If under water is take off it will not detnate when it hits land or work like a torpedo. It will make the torpedo work more like a missle or a tank shot. Been along time since I messed with the torpedo coding.