C&C: Cold War (V1.10 Beta)

AchromicWhite

I still have the SUs and A-10s armed with missiles like the stock Mig. Bombs and nose mounted cannons don't hit tanks at all but the do level building quite well. I did get the planes and helos set up so that they take out tanks but don't leval a building in one bomb run by keeping them armed with missles.

Laser-guided bomb are nothing more than dropped missles. In the Projectile Statistics copy the HeatSeeker code to another Projectile like Bomblet (is not used in stock RA1) and remove the Animates=yes (This will remove the smoke trail) from the copied HeatSeeker code and change the Image=DRAGON to Image=MISSILE. Now you should have somthing that looks like a laser-guided bomb.

Yeah, I know how to make bombs etc, that's not too hard. But, as it turns out, you can have double weapons (different weaps) on flyers, they seem to only fire primary, tell me if you find out different, but this was what I found.

Isn't what the mig had ("maverick") pretty close to an LGB anyway?

I know a real Maverick is a missile, but just in the case of how it looked in RA.

Hey, if you wanted to make the A-10 and the Frogfoot use machinegun, you oculd always create your own specialized Warhead. Does lots of damage to men, light and heavy, but not much to wood, concrete... Animation is machine gun fire, and infrantry death is the one where he pretty much disintegrates, lol (love the gore xD)

It's just a hardcode thing in RA1, no way around it.

The real Maverick has or is using TV, laser, and infra-red guidance systems. The Maverick can be mounted to a large number of planes including the A-10. The Kh-25 is similar to the Maverick and is found on SU-25s.

I would use specialized Warhead but I'm using all of them right now for others and the missles are still beter at taking out tanks.