Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cnczoock

Red Alert - Scroll speed?

hey guys!

i realy need your help.

how can i slow dowen the scrolls speed in ra? i already have the scrollspeed slider in the game-options on slow but its still faster as before.

If you downloaded Red Alert from redalert1.com, open up ddraw.ini and set maxfps lower.

If you didn't download Red Alert from redalert1.com, download cnc-ddraw from http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/

Remember to enable Back Buffer in rasetup.exe.

I personally recommend maxfps = 120. It avoid vertical desyncronisation ( at least your eyes wont note it). But if in 120 the scrollspeed is so fast, then put it lower

So, I used to be a fan of this game and went about the exodus of trying to install this today.  I also have the mouse scroll issue, but just about everything you guys wrote about went way over my head.  Is there any guide book for dummies?  I tried to install cnc-draw, but I couldn't even remotely get it to install or work.  Then, all of your suggestions to make adjustments...so far over my head I felt quite stupid.  Does anyone have a soft place in their heart for dummies like me?

What Red Alert are you using? DDraw with the maxfps set at 120 attached in zip. Unzip it and place the ddraw.dll and ddraw.ini in the redalert folder. Than double click on rasetup.exe and check mark the Back Buffer in Video Memory.

Notify me of replies on.

ddraw_RA1_Scroll_Speed_fix.zip