Trouble Getting Tiberian Sun to launch.

Techstorm

Hi.

I have been trying to get myself and my brother to play TS multiplayer together, but he has been having problems getting his version to work.

I have the game through the The First Decade collection and have patched with TSpatch, and it works fairly well. My brother, on the other hand, has the full version of the game downloaded from this site. He has had some problems getting the game to launch.

When he launches the game, it starts, but then flickers back to the desktop, the game is open on the toolbar, but he can't open the game. We've tried to mess with different renderers, but to no avail.

Are there any solutions to this problem? 

I believe he is running Windows 10 x64.

Edited by Techstorm
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Techstorm said:

Hi.

I have been trying to get myself and my brother to play TS multiplayer together, but he has been having problems getting his version to work.

I have the game through the The First Decade collection and have patched with TSpatch, and it works fairly well. My brother, on the other hand, has the full version of the game downloaded from this site. He has had some problems getting the game to launch.

When he launches the game, it starts, but then flickers back to the desktop, the game is open on the toolbar, but he can't open the game. We've tried to mess with different renderers, but to no avail.

Are there any solutions to this problem? 

I believe he is running Windows 10 x64.

Hi mate.

I think that ur brother is having problems with game patch as far as  can help from CNCNet download link here: https://cnc-comm.com/tiberian-sun/downloads/the-game/installer

FEATURES

• Compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8(.1), Windows 10 (XP 64-bit not tested)

I am running my game from windows 7 x64 but really i dont think theres more help for your brother at this point. Good luck!

Uninstall everything and reinstall using the download link on this site. With windows 10 make sure your using the “Automatic” renderer in the TS config menu inside the client.

You also need to make sure that the game resolution is compatible with the game (1920x1080 is generally best) and you also need to make sure that your desktop is set to the same resolution you intend to launch the game on. If you are using very old equipment or a cheap laptop your desktop resolution might be capped lower. Adjust the in game res to whatever your desktop res is but no higher than 1920x1080.

I cant think of anything else that could possibly be causing an issue.

Edited by Black