Fu3lman's "Hunger" (Formerly "Famine")

Fu3lman

hunger.thumb.png.ebbba4812a036adbf988f396675d1a7d.png

Arena-style map for 2-8 players. Layout conducive for any team denomination(s).

Very straightforward map; you have starting resources to protect, further resources to acquire/sabotage, and the rest is just plain old commanding and conquering.

Good map if you appreciate naval combat, where a lot of maps tend to neglect, or outright ignore it altogether. Also fun vs brutal AI when you just want to kill some time.

Triggers:
- At start of match, the inner bridges to megawealth-isle self destroy. This allows you to build naval within the area inward from starting location... as well as protect it (with an engineer) by repairing the bridge if you'd like to accumulate a fleet. Just make sure you're prepared to defend that ingress as well as re-destroy the bridge when ready.

- A couple of oil derricks will be given to you (within the immediate boundaries of your base) at the start of the match. They're there to incentivize infiltration by other players/AI. Protecc.

- Thunder sound-effect every 60 seconds. This is there for a couple of reasons: As a means to keep track of passage of time (We're on fifth-thunder. They're probably about ready to drop something on me.), and for pure flavor, as thunder makes everything feel epic :D

As always, feedback and kind critique is welcome. I hope you all enjoy the map as much as I did creating it ❤️

hunger.map

Edited by Fu3lman
Fixed preview.
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, McPwny said:

sweet map. looks really good and i didnt even see any errors in it on FA2 at all.
INI editing those lightposts wouldnt hurt, though

Might be a bit over my paygrade here, but how would you recommend I go about it? Are there functions to lightposts as map elements that I'm not aware of, outside of putting invis_xxx on/around them? (not being rhetorical, I'm sincerely unaware of them)

Also, thanks for checking the map out and the encouragement :)

Edited by Fu3lman

you can do it by  taking the attached file, playing with the numbers in a text editor, then going to FA2 →Edit→INI editing→"Insert another INI file content", put the file contents into the map, and save.

you can see the changes when you make a rendered image of the map, so its pretty easy to fine tune quickly.

lamps.ini