can't build anything anymore

hooningkorf

If there are too many units/buildings on the map then no one can build anymore. It's not a cheat, it happens for all players in the game. Once a unit or building was destroyed you will be able to build a new unit/building, whoever clicks the fastest will be able to build it.

I actually have a similar problem when I skirmish with Al's in ra1. it happens when I play against at least 4-7 computers and what happens is that after about 4-10+ minutes pass in game time, I will try to build something or train something and it will say building or training, but it doesn't train or build. What's weird is that it does not say unable to build more but I don't get the timer thing on the icon to show me how long until its finished training or building. So I am stuck with what I have previously built or trained, however, even though this is happening to me the computers are somehow able to continue on building more things and training more units. Only after I clear enough of the enemy's things does it let me temporarily let me build more unless its close to the end of the game in which it is permanent. I actually have a YouTube video on my channel where I battle against computers in a FFA match and the bug, glitch or whatever you wanna call it happens at around 2-3 minutes into the video. Here is the link to that YouTube video:

10 hours ago, Jacob Foerster said:

I actually have a similar problem when I skirmish with Al's in ra1. it happens when I play against at least 4-7 computers and what happens is that after about 4-10+ minutes pass in game time, I will try to build something or train something and it will say building or training, but it doesn't train or build. What's weird is that it does not say unable to build more but I don't get the timer thing on the icon to show me how long until its finished training or building. So I am stuck with what I have previously built or trained, however, even though this is happening to me the computers are somehow able to continue on building more things and training more units. Only after I clear enough of the enemy's things does it let me temporarily let me build more unless its close to the end of the game in which it is permanent. I actually have a YouTube video on my channel where I battle against computers in a FFA match and the bug, glitch or whatever you wanna call it happens at around 2-3 minutes into the video. Here is the link to that YouTube video:

Yeah that's a bug, the way the limiter works was changed because it often resulted in a game crash in multiplayer games. You pretty much hit a new limit now a short time before the old limiter kicks in. In human vs human games this isn't a problem, but looks like some changes need to be done to get it working with AI players too :(

But anyways, if you play just offline with AI players then open spawn.xdp in notepad and raise the limits and you should be fine!

; ******* Object Heap Maximums *******
; These are the absolute maximum number of these object types
; allowed in the game (at any one time).
[Maximums]
Players=8                ; ipx layer limits this to 8 maximum
Aircraft=150
Anim=100
Building=650
Bullet=50
Factory=32              ; 32 is minimum for 8 player game
Infantry=550
Overlay=1               ; special case -- only needs one
Projectile=20           ; projectile types, not actual projectiles
Smudge=1                ; special case -- only needs one
Team=60
TeamType=60
Template=1              ; special case -- only needs one
Terrain=500             ; trees and rocks
TrigType=80             ; trigger types
Trigger=200             ; triggers themselves
Unit=650
Vessel=150
Warhead=10              ; warhead types, not actual warheads
Weapon=55               ; weapon types, not actual weapons

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

But anyways, if you play just offline with AI players then open spawn.xdp in notepad and raise the limits and you should be fine!

This means if changes are done I have to make backup spawn.xdp to continue play on multiplayer right.. 
One last thing; any chance I can get ''old limiter'' settings here for compare? This is what explains all coop maps crashing on multiplayer. (expecially BIG ones)

27 minutes ago, bk57 said:

This means if changes are done I have to make backup spawn.xdp to continue play on multiplayer right.. 
One last thing; any chance I can get ''old limiter'' settings here for compare? This is what explains all coop maps crashing on multiplayer. (expecially BIG ones)

Yeah you have to make a backup of the file

Oh co-op maps are not really a problem, this is only a problem where AI players build on their own (no reinforcements...). You can start the game in single player mode rather than using cncnet, the skirmish in there doesn't have the patch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Yeah you have to make a backup of the file

Oh co-op maps are not really a problem, this is only a problem where AI players build on their own (no reinforcements...). You can start the game in single player mode rather than using cncnet, the skirmish in there doesn't have the patch.

i have identical settings for all the ini files so I have the same raised limits in the rules.ini as I do with the spawn.xdp. Can the xdp files be added as a supported file type to post because I have a hell of a time trying to convert a copy of my regular so I don't wreck the original. As well as the dmp files.

ill prove it:

spawn.ini

rules.ini

14 hours ago, bk57 said:

spawn origianl.txt

Here is a original copy that I have

20 minutes ago, Jacob Foerster said:

i have identical settings for all the ini files so I have the same raised limits in the rules.ini as I do with the spawn.xdp. Can the xdp files be added as a supported file type to post because I have a hell of a time trying to convert a copy of my regular so I don't wreck the original. As well as the dmp files.

ill prove it:

spawn.ini 64.65 kB · 0 downloads

rules.ini 64.65 kB · 0 downloads

sorry I quoted the wrong person I meant to reply to Funky's response

• Check 1