ra95.dat

fosterboy123

Question

hey guys im new here and google'd your site :)

im looking to a solution for my problem ive installed TFD version of Red Alert, hoping to play some LAN with my mates, installed 3.03 unofficial patch, TFD fixed it, made my IPX protocol and everything works awesome. only problem is, i cant play RA without the TFD disc in, and theres no no-cd that will fix it. i cant even boot the game up with the disc in only to take it out. its a pain because it means i cant play LAN anyway.

any ideas? ill be much appreciative,

cheers

16 answers to this question

[spoiler:2gn8o162]I'm sorry we don't spread cracks (aka no-cd patches) for any game. (except games that are officially freeware.) This is considered as warez and are illegal.[/spoiler:2gn8o162]

Edit: 3.03 is an official beta patch. [spoiler:2gn8o162]Can you reformulate your question?[/spoiler:2gn8o162]

Ignore the black^

Edit2: After reading your question several times, I think you haven't installed the TFD fix correctly. Have you runned the .exe file included?

woah cheers for the quick response.

you should know that i own a legit copy of TFD i just simply want to play over LAN which is impossible if i cant take the damn disc out :P

I installed a patch called "RA303_4player" to my red alert dir, and then "RATFD303" Fix, which i copied "bmap.vqp" & "THIPX32.DLL" to the red alert dir, overwriting the old DLL, and ran the "tfd-ra303fix.exe" which said it patched everything ok.

i then added the IPX protocol to my Ethernet and when i click network on my menu it all works fine, goes to the lobby and i can host. i just cannot play with the disc out of the drive. and not one no-cd patch ive found seems to fix that.

any ideas?

cheers ^_^

im on windows xp 32 sp2. The game seems to work totally fine, i just cant run without the TFD disc being in the drive which means i cant run the game on my other home computers to play network games. which just defeats the entire object of me playing it :P

it says ra95.dat bla bla and basically disc cannot be found in drive D, please insert disc. this also happens if i boot the game first with the disc in and then take it out. seems like there are files on the disc it needs or something.

cheers mate worked fine. i think the problem was i wasnt running it from the TFD menu, it must add some extra parameter. anyway, i tried the -cd command on the end of my ra95 exe before i patched and it never worked, but after the patch it works fine. thanks very much! :)

go to your red alert folder and open RASETUP.exe and at destination address put 00.00.00.00

leave socket empty. do this to both computers and yall should see each other in network lobby.

cheers but i didnt actually have to mess with it at all. i just went into the IPX network protocol properties and changed the network number to 00000002 on each computer, and changed each Frame type to Ethernet 802.3 and then it worked straight away. we can all see eachother in the lobby now.

oh and i pwnd em btw ^_^