Dinosaur Icons

Jacob Foerster

Before I started to only play red alert 1 I had edited some settings in C&C TD so that Dinosaurs could be manufactured by both GDI and NOD. Was never able to get the icons working no matter what I tinkered with or what I tried though. However I thought it would be cool to post the icons of all Dinosaurs on the off chance that there are some players who have no idea what they look like, had no idea that icons for the dinosaurs even existed and if they knew they did, had no idea how to get, find or even use them, or any other reason for learning about the icons.

Enjoy!

Dino Icons.7zDino Icons.7z

• 3 weeks later...

I think you forgot a few things...

Like, the fact these icons come from Sole Survivor. And file extensions for the shp files. And a colour palette; took me a while to figure that out, but, I'm honestly not sure why this is posted in the TD section if it uses the RA palette.

Also, it's "stegosaurus", not "stegasaurus" ;)

btw, for TD-paletted versions of these icons, and the "Stegasaurus" typo fixed, there's a pack I uploaded here some time ago:

https://ppmforums.com/topic-14518/td-deluxe-cameo-pack/

On 5/13/2020 at 11:01 AM, Nyerguds said:

I think you forgot a few things...

Like, the fact these icons come from Sole Survivor. And file extensions for the shp files. And a colour palette; took me a while to figure that out, but, I'm honestly not sure why this is posted in the TD section if it uses the RA palette.

Also, it's "stegosaurus", not "stegasaurus" ;)

btw, for TD-paletted versions of these icons, and the "Stegasaurus" typo fixed, there's a pack I uploaded here some time ago:

https://ppmforums.com/topic-14518/td-deluxe-cameo-pack/

Hey man, it's a real honor to chat with you for my first time. I never knew that the icons originally came from sole survivor. When I downloaded TibEd it had the dino icons in the program so I thought there was already some icons available for them. Thx for the spelling correction too btw. I practically had no idea what palettes really were before I started using os build. But thx for the response. It was an honor speaking to you after more than a decade of using the C&C you provided after my original GDI and NOD discs were never found. Stay safe from COVID19 as well.

hehe, no prob.

The typo actually has a funny history; the Westwood people took the name from the Jurassic Park movie, where it's seen on a vial of Stegosaurus DNA. With that misspelling. They looked up the dinosaur and put it in the game, but never noticed that the name they got from the movie was misspelled.

And that typo survived into Sole Survivor, where they made the icons for them because they were playable units there.

30 minutes ago, Nyerguds said:

hehe, no prob.

The typo actually has a funny history; the Westwood people took the name from the Jurassic Park movie, where it's seen on a vial of Stegosaurus DNA. With that misspelling. They looked up the dinosaur and put it in the game, but never noticed that the name they got from the movie was misspelled.

And that typo survived into Sole Survivor, where they made the icons for them because they were playable units there.

oh lol that is funny. ok thank you so much for the clarification.