Stop this data collecting non-sens

[a]WarZiLLa

Question

The newer update seems about collecting information about players such as: name, date of birth, signature, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, gender, race or ethnic origin.

Now let's say that I don't mind a stranger can collect information about my credit card, but in what way it will be useful for him to know if I'm white or black? and how he will know it anyway? are black people are using their mouse/keyboard in a different way than Slavs or Irishs?

I've read the Privacy Policy page and tbh if this can't be called spying on users then what can spying be? Also if I need to access the data held about me I'll need to pay a fee, really?

I believe that CNCNET was built by fans for fans, not for marketing profits.

2 answers to this question

How did you come up with the idea there were such changes? The only thing that was added in the last update was a fix for the problem where the games were not showing up in the game list sometimes https://github.com/CnCNet/xna-cncnet-client/commits/master

Edit:

Oh, I think you're talking about what's written in the privacy policy? https://cncnet.org/privacy-policy

That one hasn't really changed for years, it's just some generic stuff written by a lawyer :P

You may give us information about you by filling in forms we provide to you or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use any of our websites or products and when you report a problem with any of the same. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, signature, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, gender, race or ethnic origin.

I think he added that just in case we would add a form where you could provide us such info, we never had such a form and never asked anyone for such info and I don't see a reason for us creating such a form anyways... The only form we have is the one where you register here in the forums where you have to provide your nickname and email address to be able to register :)

21 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

How did you come up with the idea there were such changes?

After updating today I'm seeing a message on the bottom of the client about terms and privacy that I suppose it will disappear after clicking on "Got it" (which I didn't), I was thinking that data collection is done only on the forum like for most websites and not while using the client, also it is said that I can disable data collection but from what I've noticed I can only accept it.