Props Appearing in Final Alert/Sun But Not In-Game

RadicalEdward2

So I've been having tons of fun with the editors but, I'm having a bit of a predicament when it comes to actually viewing the maps in-game.

In Final Alert, there's the Mini Mall buildings (the little strip mall outlets). They appear in the editor and are even featured in the Los Angeles mission of YR (still trying to get the base games running but that's another story for another day) but, when I'm in skirmish, they appear invisible with only health bars (and still garrison-able).

And in Final Sun, all of the middle class houses/buildings (the ones that were from the snow theme and made available for the temperate theme) all appear invisible when playing the game.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

not all art is made for all theaters, so if you are using some weird modded, or maby old and unpatched, version of fa2 it could happen. the editor is SUPPOSED to not let you place art with the wrong theater, and i havent ever had the problem.

17 hours ago, McPwny said:

not all art is made for all theaters, so if you are using some weird modded, or maby old and unpatched, version of fa2 it could happen. the editor is SUPPOSED to not let you place art with the wrong theater, and i havent ever had the problem.

ah so the brown temperate colored houses are not actually accessible for Temperate then.

What about the Mini Mall? Is it exclusive to snow and "NewUrban"? Just guessing since NewUrban presumably refers to the theater featured in the Yuri's Revenge LA mission.

Spoiler

image.png.882a74b7ebc6e40c9903b9d5f5e18cd9.png

image.png.dca03ad3418f3363ff34f67affc26ab5.png
the system has a weird setup to give certain building different arts across the various theaters where different versions of the building have to be in specially named .mix files for each theater. as you claim, these buildings are available for placement in FA2's temperate theater yet are missing from the .mix file they ought to be in.
looks like you found an oversight by westwood and/or the makers of FA2

• Upvote 1