RA1 - Running HighRez With Nyerguds The Lost Files movies

I'm gonna PM Nyerguds, but does anyone else know how to get the Lost Files counterstrike & aftermath movies patch thing to run without it's own executable so I can use the High Res exe instead? Or vice versa? Or something? Please help, am very nostalgic right now, but must play in 1920 x 1080 ONLY, no buts!

Huh, I thought the hi-res thing was a separate tool?

Anyway, if I were to patch RA95 at this point, I'd just make sure the game saves videos as filenames rather than IDs when writing savegames, and remove the whole internal index mess, so it works like C&C1. That'd make the separate exe for TLF completely unnecessary.

btw, don't see why you'd want to play on such a ridiculous resolution. Have fun staring at your screen from 2 cm away to distinguish riflemen from grenadiers. Not to mention the massive slowdowns the C&C engine seems to have when showing large amounts of trees (unless they fixed that in RA)

Oh sweet, thanx for da quick reply, I forgot to PM you yesterday.

The ra95-303-hires-launcher-alpha2.exe is separate from the RA95.exe

OK so the thing is just too ridiculous right now that it needs the separate exe. FUCK! Well I'll at least watch the movies through XCC

- - -

And it's not ridiculous, it's completely reasonable!  ;) Don't know 'bout you, but my eyes don't fail me when distinguishing between Grenadiers and others while sitting comfortably away from my screen, even with your infantry scale fix thing, and I've never experienced said slow down. My monitor requires that resolution - anything else is just too odd to look at, know what I mean? The gfx look smoother, nicer, better this way, you can barely notice the pixels.

Psh. Pixels are NICE. Don't know what you people have against them :P

As for the exe, um, the game executable isn't really RA95.exe, you know. The actual exe is RA95.dat. The launcher is, as it says, just that; a launcher. Since TLF also has a .dat file (if I remember correctly), it probably suffices to rename the original RA95.dat to something else and replace it with the TLF version. Or make a copy of the hires launcher and hex edit it to make it use the other .dat file.

No I mean the original RA95.dat. I was hunting around the mix files but I couldn't find it. I'm using a no CD version of RA, I believe it's patched to 3.03.

I'll proly just dl the nice clean ISO's from EA next month, but for now, if I can do this I'll just fucking do it.

Umm, you don't really need that for anything I described here. If you don't have the original RA95.dat then that means the people who made the no-cd version probably simply renamed it to RA95.exe. No problem. The hi-res launcher will only work when there's an ra95.dat, so, you simply rename the RA95TLF.dat to RA95.dat and then use the hires launcher :)

Link to the hires launcher:

http://hifi.iki.fi/ra95-hires/ra95-303-hires-launcher-alpha2.exe

Note that this normally runs the game in 1024x768. To make it run in other resolutions, make a shortcut from the launcher, open its settings, and add the width and height as command line parameters behind the Target line, like this:

"E:\westwood\TFD\Command & Conquer Red Alert\ra95-303-hires-launcher-alpha2.exe" -w 1920 -h  1080

Of course, the actual location of your RA will probably be different, but ust add the -w and -h behind it in this way :)

btw, if it asks for a CD, you should run TLF normally once before the renaming, using the RA95_TLF_(TFD).exe. This will apply the nocd patch to RA95TLF.dat ;)

Cool.

OK, it asked for the CD. But I ran RA95_TLF.exe, and it keeps asking me to run it in the RA directory, and I am! I extracted it and the other files to the desktop, then copied them into the directory.

Any thoughts? I think the registry is fucked or something, but I don't really know how to tamper with that. And because of Arda, I'm proly gonna get a fresh install of RA from the official ISOs. Arda looks so cool!