Mission Map : Shock Tactics (Soviet mission)

Concolor1

Mission map for anyone running Red Alert2 , you will need the Soviet mission Disc. The Zip holds the sov01t.map file and the ra2.csf string file. Place these two files in the Westwood Red Alert2 folder. Then launch the game and select the Allied Mission. There is also a read me file and mini map included in the zip.

Once your finished playing this mission simply remove both these files and the Red Alert Game will be restored.

Name: Shock Tactics
Size: 70x70
Players: 1
Theatre: Urban

To play this mission:RA2 Soviet mission disc required. Extract the contents of the winzip
file into your Red Alert2 Directory.Launch the game,select new campaign for the Soviets.
The game will then launch.

Info:In one swift devastating strike the allies have smashed their way into the very
heart of our Soviet motherland. In one night they destroyed five of our major cities 
and are now within striking distance of Moscow itself!
Their sudden attack caught us completely off-guard,and we strongly suspect their use 
of "Chronosphere technology" helped them to achieve this.
Even now they tear into our cities enslaving our people and capturing our facilities.
Their forces spread infecting our Soviet homeland with their propaganda and technology.
    Comrade we cannot allow this to continue,they are poised on the very edge of wining 
this war.
We are sending you to the industrial city of Tula north of Moscow.This is one of the cities 
taken by the allies and they have established a base.You will recruit your forces from the
burnt-out shell of the city,where a few of our conscripts hide.You must find a way of 
contacting them.
Locate the damaged nuclear reactor and repair it.This will bring power and control of the 
ruined Soviet base back online.The city was once protected by a series of tesla coils. 
If you can restore power they will be of use in the coming battle.
That reactor is vital,do not sell it or allow it to go critical.A nuclear fall-out from a 
powerplant would render the city useless.
Once you regain control of the Soviet base in Tula,the allies will begin to call back their 
forces to defend their base.This should give the glorious Soviet war machine enough time to 
prepare a counter offensive and drive the allies back from Moscow.
Comrade take back the city of Tula,or there will be no Moscow to return to......for you!

Objective 1: Contact and recruit Soviet forces hiding in the city.

Objective 2: Repair the Nuclear reactor powerplant.

Objective 3: Destroy all traces of the allied occupation.

Ok so there u have it,
A RA2.CFS file has been added.If you wish to install this please back-up your
original CFS file as the text of the mission has been altered in 
order to fit with the maps theme!
Explanation: The Sov01t.map file when placed in your RA2 folder preceeds the standard Soviet game disc missions.
This means that the first mission played when the game is launched will be this mission. To restore your games
original first mission simply remove the SOV01T.map file from your RA2 folder.
The RA2.csf file contains the text for this mission, it also preceeds your game disc csf file. As above once you have
finished playing this mission remove the csf.file. This also causes your game to revert to reading from the mission 
disc as opposed to reading data from the RA2 folder.

shock_tactics.zip

SCRN0016.jpg

SCRN0022.jpg

SCRN0025.jpg

SCRN0023.jpg

Shock Tactics mini-map.jpg

Edited by Concolor1
  • Upvote 1

Having gone through this again, I can honestly say I found it hard and frustrating. So here's a little help. Firstly there's lots of money hidden in crates. You just have to find those crates. Destroy the Water Tower to the North, a Pill Box in the GI camp close by, Pipes in the South East by the Soviet Radar Tower, one by the Engineers and another towards the West which appears when Garrisoning a building. There's more hidden around the map. There is also a Reveal All Crate hidden in the park to the East, i think you have to destroy the park benches for that.

Here's a trick Id long forgotten about. Once Yuri is free, use him to mind control a yellow Bus. Its great for driving through the Allied base, and you can put Units inside it, like the Engineers. Then they are undetected. (Use the Flak Troops that lurk around a northern building to protect Yuri from air assults).

One annoying think is the repeating Prism Tanks that appear out of nowhere, down by the Soviet Conyard. I ought to take a look at that as it makes little sense ,(I think they were supposed to Chrono in),and causes the mission to become intensely difficult.(Build two telsa coils and keep an eye on them to hold back the attack).

There are some Tesla Tanks located to the west, your best grabbing these with the Yellow Bus on route to the Nuclear Power Plant. Use them to knock out a couple of those Prism Towers by the Ore Purifier, otherwise risk loosing the reactor as you capture it. Prepare to defend it well with sentry guns.

Another hint, is in the map title, stick to using Tesla Tanks, and capture that airport to the north to gain some much needed Tesla Troops. Building a Tech lab is only going to bring you trouble.

Its challenging but rewarding if you beat it.

• 9 months later...

it's really a hard level (my childhood nightmare),i can't done it without  bug.

first forget about the mission. we must have tank!

when i have  5 tes tank quick finish enemy miner then, go into enemy base destroy their hq(disable their Airstrike.) then that will be easy.

webwxgetmsgimg (3).jpg

webwxgetmsgimg (2).jpg

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...