RA1: Counterstrike/Aftermath issues

Leaf

Hi guys. I seem to have a problem with getting the Counterstrike/Aftermath missions to work. I checked a bunch of topics, but no one seemed to have the same issue as me.

I recently reinstalled the game using this, which worked perfectly for me; I played through both the Allied and Soviet campaigns without any problems. However, no matter what I do, the Counterstrike and Aftermath missions just don't show up. Well, except for one, which is the "situation critical" mission, which works perfectly fine.

I'm fairly sure I checked the Counterstrike/Aftermath box when installing the game, and I am using the original CDs. I even tried downloading the ISOs and using those instead, but the mission lists are still empty.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I seem to remember when I played this game way back then, the new counterstrike/aftermath missions were grouped together in the same tab.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Any help is appreciated; thanks in advance.  :)

Patch 3.03 separates them into 2 lists. Odd how you don't get to play the missions though.

"and I am using the original CDs"

You mean the Allied and Soviet CDs, or the AM/CS ones? Because the AM and CS missions are actually on the AM and CS CDs, so without the CDs you can't play them.

Yeah, by "original CDs" I mean the Counterstrike/Aftermath CDs. If I choose the new missions without the proper CDs, it prompts me to insert the proper CD. The missions still don't show up, though (except for that one Aftermath mission).

I would post a screenshot, but I can't seem to use the print screen key while playing RA... how odd.

This is the version I'm using, by the way. I dunno if it makes a difference considering I tried the ISOs, but it's basically a (very old) 4 disc compilation of RA and its expansions.

To clarify, the window where the mission listing should be shows up, there's just no missions listed. If I click "Ok" without highlighting anything, the game crashes.