Problem with Nuke in Red Alert

adrock91

Hi everyone my name is Jack and I've just joined forums, I enjoy this site and I would like to thank ppl responsible for setting up this site for making great place for hardcore oldschool gamers and classic C&C fans like me ;) Thats for my first words, now my problem with Red Alert :

So I have a problem with atom bomb superweapon in Red Alert 1, the problem is : I wanted to put usable superweapon Atomic Bomb into singleplayer scenario, because I've wanted to have some fun with nuke in campaign, not only weak nuke from skirmish/multi  :). So I used RULES.ini to edit properties of missle silo [MSLO] and I put values like TechLevel=7 to produce it. So in campaign I was able to build missle silo, but no superweapon Nuclear Bomb showed up. I ve made up my mind and in [MSLO] I have added value Primary=ICBM. So I was able to build nuclear missle silo, so did I, and I got icon of nuclear strike superaweapon but ... when it loaded and I clicked strike on enemy base nothing happened  :huh:  Despite missle started from silo, I noticed it, it didnt fall down and hit base with nuke, like it flew into space and never came back. Now I dont know how to change red alert rules or maybe something else too, to make nuclear strike able in campaign. I hope somebody will solve it, maybe Nyegurds knows whats going on  ;)

So what to do with Rules.ini or other files to get nuclear strike in singleplayer scenarios (campaign, Counterstrike, Aftermath or customer mission) ?

EDIT : I've almost fogot, I have Red Alert 3.03

Well I did it for last allied mission but I changed player to be USSR - cause soviets in this mission have silo build - and it didnt show icon of charging missle, I did it for allies in Counterstrike mission Siberian Conflict 3 - Wasteland - I got silo, I got missle charging, missle launch but no rocket with payload falling down to target :/ I suppose that when AI uses nuke in last allies mission - (I happened to crush soviets and then loose my base due to their nuclear lauch) is just triggered ... Well, still, is any possibility to fix that stuff ? I remember playing PSX version of Red Alert and instant nuke cheat in singleplayer gives you powerful warhead like in Tiberian Dawn.

• 2 months later...

To get the nuke to work in RA1 Single Player. You have to do it by map trigger. This is how you do it in C&C-RAED.

Name:      nuke

Owner:    Greece

Existence: constant (any linked event -> switch)

Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:  Building exists...Missile Silo

Action 1:  Add repeating special weapon... Nuclear Missile

You may also have to set  Greece (Your side) TechLevel=12 also.

• 2 months later...

Just register just to reply your problem, because I also want to have Nuke and AM units in SP, I have created an Afthmath.ini that enable AM units for RA1/AM etc, but no nuke from MLSO.

From Allen reply , and with the help from this guide Link, I managed to create Trigger event to be inserted into a fan made SP mission file scuXXea.ini under [Trigs]:

NUKE=2,X,0,0,32,-1,29,0,-1,-1,34,-1,-1,1,0,-1,-1,-1

Note: X= country under player control 2=USSR, 4=Ukraine

I have tested it with the file name changed to scu43ea.ini and play with my own Afthmath.ini with AM units.

And also tested it with the file name changed to scu01ea.ini and starting a new Soviet campaign without Afthmath.ini.

Both times work flawlessly with Atomic Bomb icon appear and can also have repeated Nuke strikes.  :D

Anyway I hope this will help you, and I lastly I am no expert,  someone here may have better solution than what I have, so pls reply so that everyone here can learn from you. 8)

Edit:When I put repeatability to 1,when MLSO is sold or destroyed, Nuke will not be available even a new one is built. so I set repeatability to 2 to solve that problem, but it will cause problem to 2nd trigger action which was a "speech" so it was deleted. It work fine now and the above Trigger have being updated.