How do i add new Ra2 or YR maps to the game?

wolfgang953

I would think this would be simple, but apparently not. I really want to add some new ra2 and YR maps into my cnc downloaded game. But iv yet to figure it out/get it to work.

Ive read the replies saying to add it to the maps folder in the game directory. Either that doesnt exist, or im in the wrong area. The only place i find anything cnc on my comp is at C:\Program Files (x86)\CnCNet     But there is no maps folder there, or any folder in there for that matter. Even after a fresh install. So far iv been unable to get any of the maps or map packages iv dl'ed form these forums here to work.

I just wanna play some new or different maps!! Someone please help this idiot here! :D

• 2 months later...

Did you install YR through Origin Games?

First things first is locating the game directory and custom maps folder. Then, whatever new map you've created will have to end with extension .map for the cncnet client to read it.

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na
  • Check 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 3:12 AM, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

Did you install YR through Origin Games?

First things first is locating the game directory and custom maps folder. Then, whatever new map you've created will have to end with extension .map for the cncnet client to read it.

i downloaded ra1, ra2, yr, from cncnet.org downloads

C:\Program Files (x86)\CnCNet

but there are no folders in my download.

cnc_01.jpg

Did you do an actual installation of the RA2 and YR games?

Do not install CnCNet and games Into Program Files. Becasue all changes after install will be done in some other system folder and you won't see them in the Program Files itself.

Now uninstall anything related to RA2 YR and CnCnet and:

Install Red Alert 2 to \Games\RA2
Install YR to \Games\RA2
Install CnCNet for RA2 to \Games\RA2

Edited by Ezer_2000
  • Check 1

so i uninstalled the stuff in programs files. I now have ra1 at  C:\Games\CnCNet/games

Ra2 says it cant install because it needs the game first? Do i need the old original disk version installed? I actually do have them somewhere.
I also have The First Decade installed already.
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade
I was playing ra2  through cnc if memory serves me. So that might be why the cnc download for ra2 installing in the programs file. Because that was the only copy of ra2 on the comp currently.

update/clarification

My copy of 'The First Decade' is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade
It has been for ages. And iv never had any problems with it. (Not saying there cant be, just that i havnt had any)

I couldnt install cnc ra2 in the \games\ra2 because there is no copy of the actual ra2 game there.
I am able to install cnc ra2 in the C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade

I also have the CnC ra1 download in C:\Games\CnCNet\RedAlert1_Online

I noticed that after installing the cnc ra2 in program filesx86 that i AM able to run the cnc ra2 but i am UNABLE to run the ra2/yr game itself from 'The First Decade'. And if i try to, i can no longer bring up The First Decades game launch menu.

I am also having visual issues with ra1 from 'The First Decade'. I havnt played mission in ages, only skirmish through cnc.. so im not sure when or what cause this.

Ill also add that reinstalling the cnc ra2 into 'Fhe First Decade' ra2 folder did yield that maps folder that eluded me back at the start.
cnc3.thumb.jpg.d5d5f525da330bb54d8fd3a0ea380a86.jpg

Would it be worth trying to uninstall the first decade and reinstall it in \games? Which should be C:\games\Command & Conquer The First Decade
Id hate to lost my general/general zero hour stats.. but i guess thats not a big deal.
And then reinstall cnc r2 in \games? Which should be C:\games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert(tm) II\RA2 (or somewhere around there)