Create Team Trigger

Quasar17

I just recently started to create my own maps,so although I`ve figured out a lot,I just can`t get the "create team" trigger to work.Can someone please help out? For a start, it would be nice if I could move around two tanks, already on the map.

Is this a single player map or a multi-play map. If its the later one Im pretty sure it can only be done with JP and Civilian Houses. 

If its the former, ensure that both tanks are not the players house. I'll give you the example of Russia.

Now assuming your not on beginners mode in FA Select Edit, and run down the list until you find taskforce. Select that. Hit the Add button, Name your Taskforce , say TaskForce1. Next pick the tank type you have on that list, and enter how many. Your example two. Hereby duplicating what you have pre-placed on the map. Ok you can close that,

Select Edit again, this time go to Scripts. Now Im assuming you have placed a Waypoint on the map, maybe more than one? Doesn't matter, do it now if you haven't. Were going to use #3 as a subsitute for any waypoint number. Ok back to the scripst, select Add. Give your Script a name, example as above Taskforce1. Now were it says Actions hit Add, Number 0 appears, use the dropdown menu and select 'Move to Waypoint' Parameter of action needs to be entered, thats #3 (The waypoint example). Hit Add again, this time another line appears, this is '1', again from the drop down menu scroll down the list and find Success. Ok so now you should have two script Actions, 0 - Move to Waypoint, parameter 3 and 1 - Success. Now Close this.

Ok back to Edit again, this time Select Teams. On this box hit 'New'. Now give your team a name say Taskforce1. Drop down below that and you will see a Field for House. Ensure this matches the house of your two tanks on the map. Say Russia. Looking to the right you will see three other fields, Waypoint, Script and Taskforce. Waypoint wants to be empty. so delete any number in this. Script has a dropdown as does Taskforce, but if this is the only one you have made it should now read Taskforce1 in both fields.

Below this you will see smaller check boxes. The Following can be checked for this. Prebuild, (although its debatable if this does anything, im told by wiser heads that it doesn't, but I just do it out of habit. and Aggressive and Recruiter. Ensure Autocreate is not ticked. Now close this.

ok you now have a system set up above that will make two tanks on your map move to waypoint 3. once instructed to do so.

So here's the last bit. 

Back to Edit. Trigger Editor, and New Trigger. Give it the name Under Trigger Options tab of Taskforce1. Ensure the House is Russia. Disabled is unchecked and Easy/Med/Hard are all checked. Now the Events tab, New Event 0 use 13 Elapsed time .....Parameter say 100 (that's time just over a minute I think). Ok now Action, add, new Action 4 Create Team .... the parameter is the team Taskforce1. Ok your done.

Play your map, now after 100 seconds or so, (I think it might be 50 as 2 time units = 1 second I think), your pre-placed tanks on the map will move to waypoint 3. and thats what you asked for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your quick answer.

I guess I should clarify some things:

I´m using c&c.net, skirmish mode and the RA editor to create my mission. The idea is, theres an island in the north, where the player beginns and a script-contolled enemy. In the south, another island with 3 computer-controlled-enemies. Does this make it a multiplayer-map? If so (and that´s the reason why "create team" doesn´t work), I´m more than willing to script it all and get rid of any AI. But how do I specify it as a single-player map? Is it the wrong approach from the get-go? Or the wrong editor?

What I did so far:

I put 2 Mammoth tanks on the map, owner USSR and set them in guard-mode. In the base-section I chose multi1 as the player (which sounds wrong,now that I think about it). Next, I went to the  team-types section,named the team "mamm", set the waypoint to -1,  put 2 mammoth tanks on the team-list,checked the prebuilt-team box (there are no other units on the map anyway) and gave the instruction "0 - move to waypoint #9".

In the trigger-section I named the trigger "mamm" as well,owner USSR, selected as event "elapsed time ... 2" and as action "create team...mamm".

Doesn´t work. Tried it with civilians,doesn´t work either.

I guess there is something inherently wrong with my take,but from reading in other (older) forums, I learned that some folks managed to do what I´m trying to do.Unfortunately without saying what they did to make it work.

Again, thank you so much for your answer.Maybe you can point me in the right direction or editor,since I couldn´t find some  of the things you mentioned,for example the action  "success" or JP-player.

Edited by Quasar17
typo

When you say the RA Editor, do you mean the FA2  Yuri's Revenge Editor? It's my fault, Im seeing your post at the side and assuming its Red Alert 2. 

Secondly yes that sounds like a multiplayer map. You cannot have other House teams except JP and Civilian on a multiplayer map as the other House teams can be picked by a player. This is why Single Player Missions work, as the players House and Ai House/Houses are specified and isn't down to being picked randomly.

I Don't see you mentioning Taskforce, that has to have two mammoth Tanks in it. RA2 doesn't thave those tanks, unless you Mod it.

• Thanks 1

It´s Red Alert 1. That´s most likely why there is no such thing as success or Taskforce (or I just can´t find it). Is it still possible to create a team in RA1? According to an old tutorial,it is, although  I´ve seen a lot of people having the same problem.I guess it´s because it´s still a multiplayer-game,as you say. But how do I tell the editor it´s supposed to be a single-player game?Maybe by not adding any other AI and changing the player= option from multi1 to...let´s say USSR? Or maybe I should use the RA95-spawn launcher instead of the RA1MP launcher? I mean,it has multiplayer in it´s name, so...And what does the priority-level do? It´preset to 7,is that a problem?

The things I can´t get to work are: create team (and autocreate), production beginns, autobuild and I just can´t load any AI-troops on transports.Most of these things probably don´t do anything because it´s a multiplayer-game while it should be a single-player one,and so far I don´t know how to create a mission that is explicitly just that.

Anyway, thank you once again for your time and effort. I hope you can give me some advice on how to solve this. Sometimes it´s just that one little clue that makes it all work.

P.S.: I made my first experience with modding just yesterday, and I have to say it´s just awesome to see a single overpowered Mammoth-Tank on steroids single-handedly annihilating an entire enemy  army in seconds with a TeslazZap from God while every 10 seconds there´s a nuke ready:)

I set it back to normal since c&cnet might consider this as cheating and that´s not my intention.

Edit

What if I use Good Guy or Bad Guy as scripted AI?

Edited by Quasar17
additional thought

In FA2 the first thing it asks is do you want to make a multi or single player map. It's probably as simple as changing the map extension or name to swap it from one to the other. Ive no experience of RA1 aside from playing it originally when it came out. Id try and get hold of a single player mission and look at the difference in name and file extension. To play a single player mission in RA2 the file is named after the very first mission depending on the side ie all01t.map for the allies or Sov01t.map for a soviet mission, multiplayer maps have a differen't file extension.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I´ve figured it out. Yes,it´s the file extension.You´ve got to name it xxxx.ini for singleplayer or yyyyy.mpr for multiplayer. In addition, call it scg01ea.ini for example and it will replace the first GDI mission. Now "production beginns" and "create team" work.Although there´s still a lot to learn, like how to implement your own briefings, maybe your own videos (if possible) and other stuff, I´m pretty happy with what I can do so far. 

I´m sure I will be back to ask questions about the IQ-level, autocreate , autobuild or some other stuff but until then it´s time for experiments.

Thank you so much Concolor1 for helping me out:)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...