Reconnection Error

pride2017

On 7/22/2021 at 4:27 PM, pride2017 said:

When I use an unofficial map to play Red Alert 2 with other players, it often appears Reconnection Error. How to solve this problem?

Sometimes the map is made with uneven tile sets, or there are too many objects placed in the outside borders of the map. Badly over layered cliff-sets or bridges can cause recon errors too. These are just some explanations I've heard others mention to me. I haven't been able to check it out myself. I will say though, that in my early map making days, my sloppier maps would recon more often. My guess is this had to do with the water and terrain tiles that I wasn't placing properly.

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na

On 7/26/2021 at 3:44 PM, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

Sometimes the map is made with uneven tile sets, or there are too many objects placed in the outside borders of the map. Badly over layered cliff-sets or bridges can cause recon errors too. These are just some explanations I've heard others mention to me. I haven't been able to check it out myself. I will say though, that in my early map making days, my sloppier maps would recon more often. My guess is this had to do with the water and terrain tiles that I wasn't placing properly.

In my experience, there are at least three cases of Reconnection Error.

First case, Occurs at the beginning when building the first power plant.

Second case, As some netizens said, when the gap generator is damaged.

Third case, when the game is in the middle and late stage, Reconnection Error occurred suddenly.

Could you analyze the reasons for these three situations separately?

On 7/29/2021 at 12:39 AM, pride2017 said:

In my experience, there are at least three cases of Reconnection Error.

First case, Occurs at the beginning when building the first power plant.

Second case, As some netizens said, when the gap generator is damaged.

Third case, when the game is in the middle and late stage, Reconnection Error occurred suddenly.

Could you analyze the reasons for these three situations separately?

I'll add another specific case for a reconnection error. On the map Sedona Pass, when the repair depot on spot 2 is captured, there is a higher likelihood of recon error happening.

Also, in regard to case number 2,  I've seen a recon happen following the destruction of a gap generator. This would add more weight to the often said claim that a recon is due to someone using map hack. Maybe these particular recons have something to do with shroud/map reveal/map hacks causing a recon/crash.

I don't know much else about it unfortunately.

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na

• 3 weeks later...