Mission Map : Siege TX - (Allied Mission, Yuri's Revenge)

Concolor1

Another old mission that's been long absent from the net. Siege a mission written back in 2005 for the TX Terrain Expansion. Full instructions and credits in the read-me file in the zip. Ive had to mess around in this a little, as the original version was missing a voxel turret that's no longer available. So Ive had to substitute the Yuri Gattling tank for that unit. Kirov's now hunt targets, few minor changes to Demo Drone units and Tesla Commandos. 

Author: Concolor1
Editor: FinalAlert2
Created:14th JAN, 2005

To play this mission:The TX Terrain Expansion Pack is required!
The Yuris Revenge mission disc is also required. 
Extract the contents of the winzip file into your Red Alert2 Directory or desktop.

Name: Siege TX
Size: 90x98
Players: 1
Theatre: NewUrbanTX

Files in the zip: expandmd98.mix, ecachemd98.mix, ra2md.csf, read-me

To play this mission:The TX Terrain Expansion is required! https://www.moddb.com/games/cc-red-alert-2/downloads/terrain-expansion-self-extracting-installer

Unfortunately my upload allowance won't permit me to include the expandmix06 file I was using as the original TX appeared to have no separate  theatres and just held everything in one expandmix, so fingers crossed this works for you.
The Yuris Revenge mission disc is also required. 
Extract the contents of the zip file into your Red Alert2 Directory.
ecachemd98.mix,expandmd98.mix and the ra2md.csf.
Select new campaign for the Allies.
The game will then launch.
Various slight modifications have been added, all to keep in with this missions theme. Once you have done playing simply remove the files listed above to restore your game.

"Siege---Written for the TX Expansion Pack"
                     -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intro:Due to poor command and communication in the field a situation has arose that only a Commander of the highest calibre will be able to salvage.
It seems the Soviets and her allies have been engaged in erratic and covert operations, which has caused the unique situation of one of our outposts being annexed without our foreseeing it.
The Soviets have surrounded this facility and laid siege, cutting-off all land routes and surrounding the zone with a heavy air defence!
The information gathered by this outpost is of "key", interest to the Allied high command and it has therefore fallen to you commander to hold the command centre in this base.
Having already shipped out and air-dropped into the battlezone you must waste no time in organising your defences before the Soviet bombardments and following attacks ensue.
Commander defending this vitally important outpost will by no means be an easy task. Should the base remain standing and all traces of the Soviet blight in the zone are eradicated,
your promotion in the ranks will be guaranteed!

To Activate the help text for this mission play "Easy" mode and destroy the flag next to the Allied Barracks.

Hints: The base airforce commands are not American, so in order to get those air reinforcements you should build one.
Rumour has it there's Bugs in the area, your going to have to be pretty unlucky to find them, and then only in Hard Mode.
The Demo Drones are a Secret Unit.
There's plenty of Bonus crates in Easy Mode.

Fingers crossed Ive got this right.

Untitled20.jpg

Untitled16.jpg

Untitled12.jpg

Untitled14.jpg

Untitled15.jpg

Untitled18.jpg

Untitled21.jpg

Untitled22.jpg

Siege Banner.jpg

MINI-MAP.jpg

SiegeTX.zip

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A very enjoyable and challenging mission once again. I can say it is a far harder version of 'Engineered to Kill'. GGi BFs' proves why they are the most powerful unit one more time! Rocketeers(for fast base defence) and legionairres(for sneak enemy power cut-offs) are vital as well. Spying enemy barracks is also preferrable for veteran paradrops.

But if only that giant ants were a special unit for soviets, as they destroy the enemy base by themselves. Facing soviets head to head would make it more harder in my opinion.

• 1 month later...