About Veterancy Patch

ReaperAA

Hello folks. I am a relatively new member here who is mainly an RA2/YR player. However, I also like playing TS and after reading about Veterancy Patch, I have 2 questions.

1. I have read that this patch is meant to rebalance the game (making Nod more competitive and making less used units more useful) and also has more RA2 style unit promotion buffs. So is this like the YR Rebalance Patch where there are only changes to existing units, or are there new units as well?
  2. Where can I get the latest version of the patch and keep up with the updates to the patch. I found maps of version 1.6 dated around 2017 but no standalone .ini file or even a changelog list anywhere. Where can I get the changelog and the standalone .ini file of the latest version of this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/1/2021 at 5:18 PM, Humble said:

1. https://github.com/HumbleTS/Balance-Veteran-Patch/wiki/Balance-Veteran-Summary

2. Set a game in CNCNET, and for map selection select 'Balance/Vet Patch' drop-down-menu.

Hi, how do install this?  Sorry, I don't know how to use github or how any of this stuff works.  Can you please let me know? 

Also, do I need to be playing on the balance/vet patch maps in order for this patch to work? Thank you.