Who's HIFI? I want to make a suggestion...

T2 - ForceOfEvil

Somebody told me while chatting in the Red Alert lobby to look for HIFI. I used to play Red Alert on MPlayer years ago - and I liked that experience with chat rooms in the lobbies - with avatars - html, etcetera. I'm wondering what it might cost to have a similar experience in CNCNet. I'd be willing to foot at least some of the bill...

I know the forum layout can be a bit confusing, but try to the read the forum descriptions. They should give you a clue for the right forum to post in ;) (I have to do something with this confusing layout)

To answer the question who hifi is: hifi is the lead developer of CnCNet. He is responsible for the creation CnCNet 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0. He made the versions of CnCNet that didn't suck to put it that way.

hifi is usually active on the #CnCNet channel on freenode if you want to contact him. But I'll point him on the direction of this topic anyways :)

Somebody told me while chatting in the Red Alert lobby to look for HIFI. I used to play Red Alert on MPlayer years ago - and I liked that experience with chat rooms in the lobbies - with avatars - html, etcetera. I'm wondering what it might cost to have a similar experience in CNCNet. I'd be willing to foot at least some of the bill...

You found me :)

It's not about the cost but the work. CnCNet is very minimal and currently I consider CnCNet 4 "finished" with the LAN lobby. The technology will not scale further and the next version of CnCNet might be more what you described and use a different approach. When that happens is anyone's guess. It all depends on my motivation and dedication to the C&C community which varies from time to time. I have many projects and jump between them when I lose the interest in one.

CnCNet is free to use and I develop it on my free time. If you want to support CnCNet and it's development, the best way to do that is to donate through PayPal. All money is used to further improve the service and pay for the servers.

Thank you.