Is there any way to stop the timer in singleplayer?

Grove4life5

Hey guys, so I started to play RA and I usually like to play a game completely vanilla, but in games like these I really hate timers.

I'm at the 3th mission on the Soviet campaign and it seems like I only have a couple of minutes to complete the mission, the timer gives me 15 minutes but it ticks away way faster and I have the game set to real time (slider in the middle). I also play at normal difficulty.

None of that really matters, I'd like to know if there's any way (commands, cheats, mods) to just freeze or remove the timer.

I've searched the internet like crazy but couldn't find anything, I tried the map editor but I can't seem to open any singleplayer map, help would be much appreciated!!!

The default speed of the game is one tick below halfway; at that speed, one second is indeed one second.

Anyway, if you just slow down the game a bit it's really not that hard to beat these missions. And if you do run out of time, well, at least you know the map layout a bit better now for your next attempt. That's just how these games work.

1 hour ago, Nyerguds said:

The default speed of the game is one tick below halfway; at that speed, one second is indeed one second.

Anyway, if you just slow down the game a bit it's really not that hard to beat these missions. And if you do run out of time, well, at least you know the map layout a bit better now for your next attempt. That's just how these games work.

Never knew that the default speed is a bit below halfway instead of halfway, does that also count for Tiberan Dawn?

Anyway with due respect, this doesn't answer my question. I know I can beat the game but I just find it a useles addition in some cases and it takes the joy out for me, that's why I was looking for a more technical way around it. I know it would techincally be cheating to manipulate the timer but so be it, life isn't always about doing things as fast as possible.

Yea, the default on both games is one tick below halfway. In the scripting, all timings are in a time unit that's defined as "1/10th of a minute", and this is only true on that default game speed.

As for the countdowns... they're part of the scripted missions, and in many scenarios, they're not just mission fail timers, but something actually happens after the countdown ends. I don't see any point in changing that.

But I guess you can edit the scripts with a map editor like RAED or Mobius Map Editor and just remove that part?

2 hours ago, Nyerguds said:

Yea, the default on both games is one tick below halfway. In the scripting, all timings are in a time unit that's defined as "1/10th of a minute", and this is only true on that default game speed.

As for the countdowns... they're part of the scripted missions, and in many scenarios, they're not just mission fail timers, but something actually happens after the countdown ends. I don't see any point in changing that.

But I guess you can edit the scripts with a map editor like RAED or Mobius Map Editor and just remove that part?

Well, I can't open any singleplayer maps with RA editor (I also have no knowledge) and I can't find anything about a Mobius map editor. Normally I find a way but this time I'm clueless so I guess I'll have to make do, in this mission a chopper actually picks up the enemy spy but I hope the number of timed missions are limited because in some games there's a timer in almost every level just to make me nervous. Take Warzone 2100 for example.

If your using the CnCNet version you need to extract the campaign missions from the campaign.mix with XCC Mixer into the same folder as RAED. RAED is the single player mission editor.  Inside the Trigger section you should find a trigger that sets and starts the timer. You should be able to add more time to the timer from there. Than save. You don't need to pack the edited mission back into campaign.mix as RA1 will read maps from the folder just fine.

Edited by Allen262
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2023 at 4:40 PM, Allen262 said:

If your using the CnCNet version you need to extract the campaign missions from the campaign.mix with XCC Mixer into the same folder as RAED. RAED is the single player mission editor.  Inside the Trigger section you should find a trigger that sets and starts the timer. You should be able to add more time to the timer from there. Than save. You don't need to pack the edited mission back into campaign.mix as RA1 will read maps from the folder just fine.

Hey, that's just the clue I needed and it works!! Thanks!

As for Nyerguds - I promise I'll play the timed missions as normal before messing with it ;)

On 1/19/2023 at 9:21 PM, Grove4life5 said:

Well, I can't open any singleplayer maps with RA editor (I also have no knowledge)

Eh. You can learn that. I learned a whole lot just messing with the editor and opening the existing maps.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:21 PM, Grove4life5 said:

and I can't find anything about a Mobius map editor.

Well, it's fairly new. So far, it does not support classic graphics, so you need the Remaster to use it :P

https://github.com/Nyerguds/CnCTDRAMapEditor/releases

I'll get around to making it read RA's mix files... eventually.

• Like 1