Tiberian Sun - 2 vs 2 clan QM (quickmatch) ladder

Infrush0wnz

Hey TS, the 2v2 clan quickmatch ladder is now active for testing. 
To get started you'll need to visit 
https://ladder.cncnet.org/account/ts-cl/list and create/register a log under the 2v2 quick match option. 
After you do that you can create a clan, invite other players to a clan, or join a clan.
Here is a video tutorial for how to join the ra2 clan ladder, but the walkthrough is the same for the ts clan ladder as well. 

Thanks to @c0rpsmakr for sharing the news on TS Discord https://discord.gg/Tr54DhwK
And of course @neogrant and @xme

Edited by AquaRed
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, HAGANE said:

If mods are on the ladder players should be able to block every mod if they wish. Imo they ruin the whole ladder

There will be ladder for vanilla TS players and another one for mod players.
So you will have 1v1 ladder and 2v2 ladder and modders will have they own 2v2 for Giants.

Edited by AquaRed

On 6/18/2023 at 9:12 AM, HAGANE said:

If mods are on the ladder players should be able to block every mod if they wish. Imo they ruin the whole ladder

lets have this discussion, again.

Edited by amokk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 7:58 AM, AquaRed said:

There will be ladder for vanilla TS players and another one for mod players.
So you will have 1v1 ladder and 2v2 ladder and modders will have they own 2v2 for Giants.

There is no "vanillla TS" ladder and mod ladder. They are one in the same. 

I have been thinking about if the maps on the 2v2 ladder should be rejectable but the thing is, as long as the maps aren't insanely skewed to favor one faction, there should be no valid reason to allow rejections. The point of the ladder is to showcase skill as well as to reward effort for people who decide to grind it a lot. Letting people cherry-pick the maps they want to play completely voids the entire reason to even have a ladder in the first place. There is a reason I am being highly selective for the maps that will be added to the 2v2 clan ladder since the 1v1 ladder was a HUGE bungle... To be blunt, giants shouldn't even be allowed on the 2v2 ladder due to the severe favor nod has on it, but I am letting it be there because I don't want to alienate modders from the ladder.

If I were to allow rejections, it would be another separation of modders and ww players on the ladder because modders would reject westwood maps and westwood players would reject mods, which also defeats the purpose of a rank. As long as everyone is willing to play any map, there should be no issues with competing.

5 minutes ago, c0rpsmakr said:

Edited by c0rpsmakr
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 2:57 PM, c0rpsmakr said:

As long as everyone is willing to play any map, there should be no issues with competing.

as long as this is the group involved, there will be issues...lol, enjoy!

my two cents on the maps is a large map pool, and include unfamilar maps to reduce the advantage of experience with the map.

I anxiously await seeing who is the best regardless of map or opponent,

not best against so and so on this map, not that one, on a sunday in the fall during a hurricane, while chewing gum.......TRZ.....

Edited by amokk
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 1:47 PM, amokk said:

Why even tell the players what map?   

Just start them, blacked out, on an (imho) unfamiliar map, with someone who wants to kill them. 😬☠️

and see who is better.!!!

It gives players at least an idea of what approach to take before the game starts, ie short range/medium/long as well as if there are terrain obstacles or not. Reduces "Build Order Wins" by a lot if everyone knows what map is being played. Any competitive rts lets players know which map is being played prior to the game starting.

I didn't know I have to calculate rage!! I just play as good as I can using tactics or strategy... no wonder most WW players win.
Yeah I agree with Amokk here... some new maps without even telling them would be better... and perhaps to tell your start Credit is 5000 so you choose wise how many infs to make at start adn where to scout.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 9:01 PM, HAGANE said:

And I doubt that you or anyone else even knows why I was banned to begin with.

I don't need to know why something is, to be grateful for it.

Edited by amokk

On 7/6/2023 at 9:28 AM, HAGANE said:

May I ask who you are? I have never heard of you and you keep bringing me up like we've played together or you know who  I am. 

TRZ..    You are infamous !!!!!  and deservedly banned.

Edited by amokk
  • Like 1