I want to host/sponsor a tournament ($$$)

Sol

Hey guys :)

I miss this game - I prefer watching over playing though! So my idea was to host a tournament, put some price money on it and if it is successful, maybe make it a regular thing.

Right now I am in the brainstorming phase, so if anyone has ideas, please feel free to share them. This includes stuff like maps (terrace/other ww maps/vet maps), format (1v1/2v2/groups/double elim etc.), rules (every game must be streamed and recorded/uploaded to youtube from a spectator for example), price money distribution (50% for first, 30% for second, 20% for third for example) and scheduling (one weekend for all games or over a longer time where both players can schedule their games). Currently my plan is to make the first tournament 1v1 classic terrace for 100€, winner gets all. See how it goes and then maybe do a bigger one later this year. I have no clue how to do scheduling yet. So please help. :D

Edited by Sol
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sol said:

Hey guys :)

I miss this game - I prefer watching over playing though! So my idea was to host a tournament, put some price money on it and if it is successful, maybe make it a regular thing.

Right now I am in the brainstorming phase, so if anyone has ideas, please feel free to share them. This includes stuff like maps (terrace/other ww maps/vet maps), format (1v1/2v2/groups/double elim etc.), rules (every game must be streamed and recorded/uploaded to youtube from a spectator for example), price money distribution (50% for first, 30% for second, 20% for third for example) and scheduling (one weekend for all games or over a longer time where both players can schedule their games). Currently my plan is to make the first tournament 1v1 classic terrace for 100€, winner gets all. See how it goes and then maybe do a bigger one later this year. I have no clue how to do scheduling yet. So please help. :D

You can still make it. There's upcoming Tournaments for mods but Giants are going to take place there too so if you wanna make a youtube channel that's fine. 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gUNlRchNepyO2kWtj7zmzVWl-OhOH51lZElmHpeKGY8/edit?usp=sharing

You can do this on your own like @Ender does for Giants now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sol said:

Maybe I am an idiot, but can you explain what exactly I am looking at here?

Well if you consider hosting a tournament you can find a place for a tournament in the Anniversary event... or not if you wanna host it by yourself.
I just thought this could be useful and you could get more people know. Anniversary is meant more for TS mods although as you see the places are very thin and there's a room for any Tournament.

(edit) Fuk it.. I'm not good at explaining things.

Edited by AquaRed