Can't connect my laptop to cncnet.

Woltato

Have downloaded Aftermath from www.RA95.tk and installed onto my laptop. However when I try to launch Red Alert Am Online it always comes up with the message.

The CnCNet Server seems to be down. You are in peer-to-peer mode, is your UDP port 8054 open? if the problem persists, try to disable peer-to-peer connection.

When I disable peer-to-peer mode the message comes up:-

The CnCNet Server seems to be down, please try again later.

I know that the CncNet server isn't down because I can log in fine on my other computer.

The only difference I can see is that my laptop is connected to the router wirelessly whereas my pc is connected with a cable. Will this make a difference?

Strangely it works on the laptop today and now the error is coming up on the other computer when trying to log on using peer-to-peer mode.

When trying to log in on my pc it works with peer-to-peer mode disabled but  with peer-to-peer mode enabled get the error - "The CnCNet server seems to be down. You are in peer-to-peer mode, is your UDP port 8054 open?"

works fine either way on the laptop.

Yesteday the laptop wouldn't log in at all and the PC was working fine.

What I'm trying to do is get the 2 machines connected up so that 2 of us can play at the same time against each other. Is this possible to do with both machines set to peer-to-peer mode?