Thanks a lot!

Highharti

Hey there,

I just wanted to say thanks for this great piece of software, and to the guys who run the server!

Tiberian Dawn was one of my first computer games when I was a child, and I always loved it.

Several years ago (that was before C&C95 became freeware, and I only had the old DOS-Version of the game), I tried to establish a local network game with a friend of mine. We tried really hard and still... failed quite badly. We just didn't manage to make it work. I really thought I'd never be able to play this game in multiplayer.

Imagine how amazed I was, when I stumbled over CnCNet today. The installation took about 3 minutes, I started the game and it just worked! No fiddling around with tunneling software, no fiddling around with firewalls, no fiddling around at all!

And it even works over the internet! An 18 year old game! Over the internet! This is amazing!

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to create private sessions.

But anyway:

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to CnCNet! I am glad that you enjoy the service so much. It is so cool to see people come to CnCNet and are so grateful for what the team does. It means a lot to them, I'm sure.

I hope you stay around and join us in the IRC channel where we all usually hangout and talk about stuff. Usually not always related to C&C. :) It's quite the atmosphere.

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to create private sessions.

Trust me. We all want this feature! :) (Hint hint, hifi, hint.)

• 2 weeks later...

Like Highharti I too am thankful for this service... I stumbled across C&CNET a couple of days ago and was thrilled as RA was pretty much the first PC Game I ever played which then led on to loads of other ganes... 1996 was a great year and now I can play the game again to a higher extent... Like everyone else I am also looking for all these features (no rush though, this being a hobby project and all) but when the time comes I'll be even more thankful than I am now.