Need help with Xplodies (explosions)

Vancer2

So im fiddling with explosions. and This same thing i dont know what it is or how it goes about doing it but when i change the explosion effect for one it basically cycles the explosion effects for everything. At one point my flamethrowers flame throwers were making a kaboom instead of setting the earth on fire when at the same time grenadiers were setting the earth on fire. Yet when i went into the rules.ini and set HE to the kill type of 4 which 4 = a kill type of "frags" it turns into this

RA952013-05-1118-06-31-45_zps97679e6b.png

this has been a constant battle "literally :P and it blows me up inside puns intended I want to figure out how to solve this. I have used XCC mixer to replace the explosions but that usually replaces 1 or 2 explosions meant for something else as well. >.> any help is most appreciated

whats odd is that im using 2.00 but when i copy over a 3.03 RA95.exe the explosions correctify themselves 0.0 I cant explain this. Rules.ini dont change. All i do is copy over the RA.95.exe and the other files which i cant remember and then the explosions are the right type for the unit weapon

Well I have 2 separate installations one for 2.00 and 3.03. I use 2.00 so i can mod around with. One thing i was taught was dont ask why if you can solve a problem. But i cant help but question it when its a matter of copying 4 files that dont seem to anywhere near the solution when one thinks about it. You see I play Red alert retailiation on my psp alot and I wanted to get all the explosions to match the ones on that to the ones on my pc but HOW does simply copying over a RA95.exe fix the problem???

Umm... you do realize RA95.exe IS the game, right? It's the actual program, containing all behaviour including which graphics files to use at which time. By copying the exe file, you just did an (incomplete) upgrade of the game to v3.03 :dry: