How to do you use Custom Missions in Iran's Portable RA?

Krypto

Greetings folks!

So I took a look at Funkyfresh's conversion of the Flame Dancer's Genesis Set 1 and attempted to do the same with Brain Bird's Defection Campaign but ended up falling short. I edited all the missions to correspond with their respective counterpart such as 'cmu01ea.ini' and ensured each one has a title. Now I left the Tutorial.ini as it is and simply renamed it to Defection.ini, the problem seems to lie with the Mission.ini, I'm uncertain how to rename it so all the missions will show up in the menu.

As an example here's a snippet of the first section:

[sCG01EA.INI]

1=War News: The Russians have invaded Poland and have destroyed many towns including the Capital with advancing tanks.@

2=Mission: Some of our top personnel were in Warsaw for a conference. We must evacuate all the survivors

3=before the next Soviet wave arrives. Find the remains of the places where they were staying and

4=get them to the other side of the river Wisla to the north. Don't allow any of them to be killed.@

5=Reconnaissence: There are still a number of Russian tanks in the area from the first attack. Russian

6=Reinforcements are expected in around 11 minutes. There are 3 VIPs to be rescued.@

7=Current Research: Allied units include light tanks, rangers and infantry. Transport helicopters and

8=artillery can be made at production facilities and sent as reinforcements.

So along with renaming the above to CMU01EA.ini, do I have to create an additional list and where do I place it? I recall popping into the Chat and finding help on the matter but it wasn't fully explained and a tutorial would really help me out here.

Many thanks!

You place the briefing in the map it self.

Open your map with notepad or in RAED by use of Text Mode. Clicking on "T" on the top right by the minimap and add

[briefing]

1=War News: The Russians have invaded Poland and have destroyed many towns including the Capital with advancing tanks.@

2=Mission: Some of our top personnel were in Warsaw for a conference. We must evacuate all the survivors

3=before the next Soviet wave arrives. Find the remains of the places where they were staying and

4=get them to the other side of the river Wisla to the north. Don't allow any of them to be killed.@

5=Reconnaissence: There are still a number of Russian tanks in the area from the first attack. Russian

6=Reinforcements are expected in around 11 minutes. There are 3 VIPs to be rescued.@

7=Current Research: Allied units include light tanks, rangers and infantry. Transport helicopters and

8=artillery can be made at production facilities and sent as reinforcements.

Here's what I have so far, it's only the Allied missions.

About 2 missions don't show up in the menu because they share a corresponding number but with a B or C sub value. That and as you said I have no idea how you'd merge the Rules.ini with each mission, because it can change from map to map.

sc-defect.mix