SUGGESTION: Forum accounts linked to CnCNet and PlayCNC

Jonttu

Yet another suggestion, oh me.

This post is probably directed mostly at Tore, FunkyFr3sh and probably hifi.

The idea is fairly simple, hopefully that's not where the simplicity ends.

There are probably people out there who want to make sure their names stay theirs till eternity or ban On CnCNet.

What I mean is that if you could sign into CnCNet using the name of your Forum account and lock the name, so that only you can sign in using that name. People wouldn't have to sign in using their forum account but could do so if they wished.

What's more is that these accounts could also be linked e.g. to the upcoming ladders such as the PlayCNC ladder. It would also have another purpose, which is to keep a friends list on an account basis.

PS. Before I made the topic I was also thinking about a friends list feature as another suggestion to the launcher, that I would submit to this topic. Apparently Funky or someone else already came up with that before, good job. ;)

The idea of linking the CnCNet account with the forums have existed for a long time. Since the days of CnCNet 2. Not sure what the idea what idea is now.

Ahh I see. Gotta wait and see what Funky and other possibly involved parties feel about the idea. Would you support this idea though?

EDIT: Seems like this aint possible according to mr's. FunkyFr3sh and hifi. A sort of workaround or more like a compromise seems to be accounts on PlayCNC rather than CnCNet accounts/nicks...