C&C homage in the Universe at War soundtrack

MrFlibble

I have absolutely no idea if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't but notice that there are several themes in the Universe at War soundtrack that pay homage to the classic tracks from C&C.

There are at least three tracks that are essentially variations of original C&C themes - not exactly remixes but they have the same structure although sound differently. The most obvious one is the track titled Act on Invasion which homages Act on Instinct. Because of its title it was very easy to spot. The other two I had to listen to a couple of times before I guessed they were based on C&C tracks: Prepare for Oblivion (based on Prepare for Battle) and Mechanical Brain (Target/Mechanical Man).

There are also several others that sound vaguely familiar but I can't quite place them, and the titles aren't as obvious as those of the above. I also suspect that music from other C&C titles is being referenced as well, some tunes resemble music from Renegade and Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge. However, this can be just due to Frank's distinct style and not a reference to a particular track from Westwood games.

A little Googling resulted in more discussion of subject matter:

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7630

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8107

To what is said in those threads, I must add that the tracks Slithering, Hit and Run, and Fog of War all sound rather familiar yet I can't quite place them. But then again it could be Frank's style in general.