No videos in Tiberian Sun.

ETPC

I'm using the freeware installer (http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41) for TS after not managing to get my TUC copy on Origin to not work on Windows 8. I set up a Virtual Machine to use XP in VMWare and the game runs perfectly fine but there are no videos. I do have two mix files in my SUN directory (MOVIES01.MIX and MOVIES02.MIX) and both are 911mb  and 472mb respectively so it is in there.

Any idea what could be going wrong?

That's strange. Try and see if this beta version of the TS installer works: http://tore29.com/tsins/TSinstaller-beta7r4.exe (Note that this new one is based on the CD version of TS so you have to download the movies again, the older one uses TFD/freewareTS), has some stuff in it that might make it work on Win8 too, maybe. I need to finish the new one soon. Will probably have time when X-mas break starts.

Hey, that did it! And it's running pretty damn good, all things considered. Some slowdown every now and then (does this have the patched bytes for graphics on here?) and my mouse sometimes flickers but the damn thing plays in 8.1!

It doesn't use the graphics patcher, you could try and patch it with it to see if performance is better. On Win7 and Vista it uses ddwrapper which has the same effect as the graphics patcher, but on Win8 it uses some sort of Windows port of Wine DirectX to make the game work.

I can confirm that the patcher helped even more. Might be a good idea to pack in a pre-patched exe if it detects Vista/7/8?

Only issue I'm having now is that for some reason, scrolling is a bit weird. Might be because I'm in windowed mode.