Can't drag and drop .wav sound inside the allies.mix!

Snijboer

You can't edit MIX files inside MIX files. You need to extract the MIX file, then edit it. Then you need to place the MIX file in the MIX file it was extracted from again.

Sorry, i need to extract the allies.mix file, right?

For almost 2 hours figuring out how to put AUD files in the allies.mix file i've finally done it. But now there is another problem....

When :Copy as AUD: it will give a .aud behind the filename. As the original sound file from the MAIN.mix is this for example: Affirm1.V00.

My sound name is this: Affirm1.V00.aud, and i can't remove this .aud or else it gives me to "Rename: If you change a filename extension, the file might become unstable." and i can't turn this OFF.

The warning is from Windows telling you that you are changing the file extension from one it knows and has a program to open it with to another file extension.

If you going to replace Affirm1.V00 you will need to make an new .aud by use of Copy as AUD than change the file extension from .aud to .v00. When the warning pops up click OK and things will be fine.

The warning is from Windows telling you that you are changing the file extension from one it knows and has a program to open it with to another file extension.

If you going to replace Affirm1.V00 you will need to make an new .aud by use of Copy as AUD than change the file extension from .aud to .v00. When the warning pops up click OK and things will be fine.

Removed the .aud from the files and it worked!! The sounds ingame could be heard! Thanks!