Created a cameo, where to i need to extract it?

Snijboer

I just made a cameo for RA1. This can be a quite stupid question, but i've searched everywhere where to put this cameo .shp file.

I've searched in every .MIX file and haven't seen the cameo's of the units/vehicles.

Another small problem is that whenever i want to preview the images in XCC mixer, they are all black, so i have no idea what they are!

I tried changing the palet to RA or setting up the directory to the red alert folder. still no luck.

Any help? Thanks!

They are black because XCC Mixer can't find the color palettes to show the images.

Find as many .pal files in the mix files and extract them to your RA folder. XCC Mixer might find them then or try and use these and put them in your RA folder.

I think the cameos are stored in redalert.mix under hires.mix and lores.mix. (not quite sure, didn't check)

hires.mix is for the Windows cameos and lores.mix is for the DOS cameos.

To replace a cameo you either replace a cameo in the original mix file or you give the cameo the same name as one of the cameos in the original files, but you put them in new Red Alert format mix files with the sc prefix such as: scameos.mix

They are black because XCC Mixer can't find the color palettes to show the images.

Find as many .pal files in the mix files and extract them to your RA folder. XCC Mixer might find them then or try and use these and put them in your RA folder.

I think the cameos are stored in redalert.mix under hires.mix and lores.mix. (not quite sure, didn't check)

hires.mix is for the Windows cameos and lores.mix is for the DOS cameos.

To replace a cameo you either replace a cameo in the original mix file or you give the cameo the same name as one of the cameos in the original files, but you put them in new Red Alert format mix files with the sc prefix such as: scameos.mix

Hey thanks for the reply!

I've found the cameos just as you said in REDALERT.MIX. Thanks!

And i will try put all .pal files in the RA folder to see if that works!

I got a new problem recently, now i have replaced a file "jeepicon.shp" in hires.mix with my new cameo made in shp builder.

The issue is whenever i come across the jeep icon ingame, the game will crash!

Here is how it the image looks like:

What i litterally did is:

- Took an photo image from the web

- Saved it as .JPG

- Opening SHP builder

- I go to: File --> Import --> Image --> SHP

- Optimize Conversion for: RA --> Type: cameos

-  Going to the tab "colours" and select: 3D RGB infurium, and then i press OK

- Then i go to Tools --> Misc --> cameo generator and put the text and stuff etc on it. And done!

Now what did i do wrong here?

EDIT: Oh and here is the cameo in SHP builder.

2zs738l.jpg