OpenRA Release 20140608

Matt

Try this installer, which is playtest-20140711 + my test fix: http://build.openra.net/debug/OpenRA-fir3w0rx-20140711.exe

Same...

exeption.log:

Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)

Runtime Version: .NET CLR 4.0.30319.18063

Exception of type `System.InvalidOperationException`: No suitable renderers were found. Check graphics.log for details.

at OpenRA.Game.Initialize(Arguments args)

at OpenRA.Program.Run(String[] args)

at OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)

graphics.log:

OpenRA requires OpenGL version 2.0 or greater and detected 0.0

OpenGL Information:

Vendor:

Renderer:

GL Version:

Shader Version:

Available extensions:

System.InvalidProgramException: OpenGL Version Error: See graphics.log for details.

at OpenRA.Renderer.Sdl2.ErrorHandler.CheckGlVersion()

at OpenRA.Renderer.Sdl2.Sdl2GraphicsDevice..ctor(Size windowSize, WindowMode windowMode)

at OpenRA.Renderer.Sdl2.DeviceFactory.Create(Size size, WindowMode windowMode)

at OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer.CreateDevice(Assembly rendererDll, Int32 width, Int32 height, WindowMode window)

at OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer.Initialize(WindowMode windowMode)

at OpenRA.Game.Initialize(Arguments args)

I tried both installing over the previous copy, and also uninstalling then reinstalling.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just upgraded my gfx card to a Radeon R9 290x, one of the best gpu's today (not for OpenRA but for other games), but I'm still getting the exact same exception and graphics logs as I posted on the first page... AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHHH!!!!

Yes I uninstalled OpenRA then reinstalled it... I hate this PC...

:D

Maybe my problem isn't related to my gpu's?

It is driver related. Something must have changed in the OpenGL standard and how the version information is exposed. No one of the developers has such a new and expensive graphics card and we are too slow to adapt our detection at startup. Reinstalling the software won't help. Downgrading your graphics card hardware or activating an integrated one instead may be a workaround, but the error is clearly on our side. I currently don't have the time and expert knowledge to fix this.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...