RAED: force A-bomb launch

BlueZone

Ello one and everyone, I'm a tad fresh to this website but I've been toying around with RAED and needed some information that I couldn't find anywhere else.

What I'm trying to do sounds relatively simple, I'm attempting to get a computer controlled unit for a mission to force-launch a Nuke onto the enemy at the start of the game. Here's what I know so far:

the Launch Nukes Event is purely cosmetic; it launches all nukes from every silo ever and the missiles never come back down, so that's not it.

I tried attaching a "Do This: Missile" event to the missile silo in question, but that doesn't seem to work either. My guess is it's leftover from Tiberium Dawn, and the RAED manual didn't go into detail about those.

I've also read that a programmer by the name of Iran added extra triggers that would fix my problem but that link is forever broken, and according to last month's birthday party he's not here anymore.

The nuke doesn't have to launch into a specific area (as nice as that would be), I just need it to target the enemy. I hope someone here can lend a hand in this dilemma, let alone if this is even achievable.

If you look at SCG14EA.ini No Remorse. It uses a nuke trigger.

Name:      nuke

Owner:    USSR

Existence: temporary (any linked event -> switch, destroy)

Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:  Attacked by anybody

Action 1:  Preferred target... Factories

Action 2:  Add 1-time special weapon... Nuclear Missile

How this trigger works is when the player attack the Missile Silo the AI will launch it nuke at one of player's Factories. (The missile silo has the trigger nuke attach to it.) Note: Factories means Con Yard Barracks, Ship Yard/Sub Pen, War Factory, Helipad, Airfield.

Also in SCG14EA.ini No Remorse the USSR AI is set to Tech Level 15 and IQ of 3. Your AI may need to be set to the same for it to work right.

Doesn't the AI have to wait the allotted time it takes to prime a Nuke though, or is it granted instantly? Also does that 1-time weapon action only work once or can it be granted the nuke any number of times afterwards with similar results?

Yes the AI has to wait the allotted time. I can think of a way to speed it up but the downside is that the player can't use a nuke. It needs 2 tiggers and 2 text edits of the mission for the AI to use the nuke how you would like.

Below is the text to add to the top of you mission. Open the mission in notepad or in RAED on the top right is a T by the minimap click on it to open text edit more and copy the below into it. This will set the nuke recharge time to near instantly. Make sure you don't already have a [Recharge] in the map. If you do have [Recharge] in the map just add Nuke=0.1 to the [Recharge]

[Recharge]

Nuke=0.1

Below will keep the player from building or capturing the Nuke Missile Silo. If the player where able to build or capture a missile silo the player would have a near instantly repeating nuke missile. This is also added to the mission the same way as the Recharge text above.

[MSLO]

TechLevel=99

Capturable=false

Below is the trigger set up for the enemy at the start of the game to launch the nuke.

Name:      nuk1

Existence: temporary (any linked event -> switch, destroy)

Event 1:  Elapsed Time (1/10th min)... 0

Next is a trigger that will let the AI keep using the nuke every 13 mins. Note this a Constant trigger type and will repeat 13 mins. On the top right is the Existence: drop down make sure you use constant.

Name:      nuk2

Existence: constant (any linked event -> switch)

Event 1:  Elapsed Time (1/10th min)... 130

You not changing the rules.ini for all mission but only changing that one mission by putting rules.ini coding into it.

Lots of of things in the rules.ini can be put into the mission to just change that mission. You can look at many of the CounterStrike missions to see how they have been changed by WestWood. The CounterStrike mission "Paradox Equation" is a good one to look at as many units have been edited.

Are you saying I'm able to modify the rules.ini for any particular mission? That is most intriguing! I'll have to toy around with that later, but in the meantime I appreciate your help. Many thanks.

You didn't know that? That's how they did, um... all of the Counterstrike missions. Mobile Radar Jammers that shoot lightning, MIGs that drop nukes, all of that.