How to record YR?

BlazeHedgie

I've made a post about this before but it was literally no help at all so I'm trying again. I really want to record this game. It seems im not the only one having trouble cause there are hardly any videos of ra2 on the cncnet youtube account. I've tried OBS, fraps, bandicam, hypercam, camstudio, etc. to try and record this game. I cannot run in window mode because my graphics card does not support 16 bit pixel depth. How is everyone else recording this game, and how can I get it to work? I would love to use OBS.

http://i.imgur.com/tYsjtBh.png

http://i.imgur.com/HlbiRde.png

a hint. you dont play in window mode. you play in full screen. you record with rectangle on a screen aka desktop recording not directx/opengl recording option since these games dont support that.

I tried and this is what I got. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBiXbcdfRoI&feature=youtu.be

if you have a modern nvidia card try shadowplay desktop recording. try disabling desktop composition and pick the most limited theme windows 10 has maybe it has something to do with 3d interface. disable any secondary monitors your may have even if its to a recording device capture card if you have one. also its good practice to have your desktop the same resolution as the game's resolution.

also, idk why anyone who does media production would be using anything above windows 7. youre just asking for problems. i cant tell you how many issues ive had to deal with win 8 and 10.

also i guess im the only one who feels like win 7 came out a year and ah alf ago. idk where 8 and 9 came from. lol dinosaur.

since it appears from other videos you can record tibdawn idk what to say lol.

I had no choice but to get windows 8 sadly. Wish it was never invented.

if you have a modern nvidia card try shadowplay desktop recording. try disabling desktop composition and pick the most limited theme windows 10 has maybe it has something to do with 3d interface. disable any secondary monitors your may have even if its to a recording device capture card if you have one. also its good practice to have your desktop the same resolution as the game's resolution.

also, idk why anyone who does media production would be using anything above windows 7. youre just asking for problems. i cant tell you how many issues ive had to deal with win 8 and 10.

also i guess im the only one who feels like win 7 came out a year and ah alf ago. idk where 8 and 9 came from. lol dinosaur.

since it appears from other videos you can record tibdawn idk what to say lol.

HOLY CHRIST! none of that worked but I did do the old detect and connect to vga anyways trick with the game and now it works with OBS!!! Now if anyone else has the problem this might be the fix. I'll post a tutorial on my channel thanks for the help guys. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• 1 month later...
Guest Mechacaseal

I use OBS and/or XSplit to live stream to twitch and record - both have worked for RA2/YR for me so I know it's possible!

Well im back to the fucking piece of shit not working for absolutely no reason. How do you have your obs set up?

Use Windows 7

I use OBS and/or XSplit to live stream to twitch and record - both have worked for RA2/YR for me so I know it's possible!

Well im back to the fucking piece of shit not working for absolutely no reason. How do you have your obs set up?

Use Windows 7

Sadly I found out whats causing it now the new update for obs broke it now they have to have add support for windows 8. 8.1 is way more stable than 7.

• 2 months later...