cannot host and now cannot join. :( in Red Alert 1

DivineFrog

It seems Divine has done it again ;) in my house we have 3 computers my husband has one i have one and the kids have another. the kids one first belonged to my husband then me then kids. red alert is installed on all three. recently i logged onto the kids one to play under my login however after playing a few games in another person's game. i hosted about 10 games before i gave up trying. not one connected and most were with all very good connections too. then I logged into my computer and could not host. now cannot join anyone elses games. my husband logged into his only and cannot host. my eldest daughter is learning to play and now she cannot host. however on a lan wireless home network, we can all host and all join. we cannot however do this live. (they can join, just not host)

now you have the story i have a question. could i inadvertently locked up the 3 usernames by changing computers from the same network? I also noticed that our usernames no longer appear on the computer that has 'done the rounds...'

and yes, i have had a lengthy discussion with my firewall and antivirus programs. both swear it wasn't them and i checked to make sure. also tried joining on one with a few helpful users and some very patient friends. and still no matter the reinstall, the modem power off, the open port thing, the fire wall down, the full system sweep for virus, malware, and advanced system care's awesomeness. i cannot play  :'(

I think that bug happens after you crashed 1000 times, the game will refuse to work after that :D

1. Try to turn your anti-virus/firewall off and then re-install the game, make sure you switch the folder this time and do not re-install to the same folder again.

2. Try to log into your router and turn the router firewall off too

I changed servers from Australia 2km's away from here to the Sweden server it Work's :). Both can connect and both can host.

The Australian server is to blame. YYYAAAAYYY now we can get back to C&C. :)

I swear that was one of the first thing's I tried. serious. XD

thanks goose. i just hosted  3 or 4 gamfes. and used a german server to do it. i am yet to join a game. Funky when you are on next i'll try and join you. but being able to host may have unloxcked something that was preventing me from joining. cheech and gooseman could both join a game. just not me.

but how awesome to be able to host tower defence again. i love these maps.  XD  :laugh: :laugh: