Which is the simplest command and conquer game?

KicKitK

Hi everyone! I am looking for a strategy PC game not so complicated. I did play RA 2 before and I like it a lot and I find it pretty easy to get a hang of. I like the C&C style so I'm asking which is the simplest game of the series. Sorry if my english is weird, I hope this is clear!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Single-player or multiplayer?  If you look up a couple of threads, I have a discussion on the hardest game in the series.

For single, on the hardest difficulty, Tiberian Sun was the easiest.  It's expansion was a bit tougher and the last mission was difficult.

There's a difference between "simple" and "easy". From what you describe, it seems you mean simple in terms of understanding and getting into the games. I think all of the C&C games are easy to get into, and I certainly suggest you check out the older three then. They're all freeware, anyway, and have all been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their compatibility problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Well, I'm totally biased and I would always suggest C&C 1.  However, if RA2 is what you're used to you may not like the lack of more modern features like build queuing, waypoints, etc. But I do find the level design, unit balancing, and story are the best in the original.

I bet all the C&C1 enthusiasts are 50 year olds!!!!!! ;*P But errrr... thanks for posting that link to download C&C1, Nyerguds!!!!!!!!!!!1 ;*P And is that TS that you posted a CDless download that lets you play the missions, as well as online???????? ;*D I don't want to have to dig into the dusty old CD case I've had since 1999 to play by CD. ;*(

No, these are all no-cd installs. All the games are freeware, so we can simply host full installers for them that don't need any CDs.

Not sure about the videos on TS, though... I believe there was a separate download for those somewhere.

And I'm thirty-one, thank you very much  :cncsmirk:

I don't care about the TS videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of them are really badly done in my opinion, like that one where Michael Biehn is pointing a gun at Joe Kucan as Kucan is using Umagon as a bait in the missile silo, and as Kucan is filling the scene with intensity and menace, Biehn is shuffling awkwardly, looking embarassed by the fact that the pistol he's pointing at Kucan looks like a toy. ;*(