Introducing AudioSet

Blade

Tbh asking for 48000 is just way too much, especially if you use 44100 tracks upsampled to 48000 which just adds a load of empty space in the track past the 44.1K mark.

Try 44100 Hz before you resort to Mono.

Sorry for the late response, but I forgot to tell you that I already did try 44100 WAV files, and the static clicking is not any better.  The clicking sounds only go away if I revert the tracks to mono.  Since nobody else seems to be experiencing this, it may be my particular hardware setup.  As such, I will not change the HD music pack at all.  I will simply use Mono menu and score tracks in my own install to avoid this issue.

• 3 months later...

I've been looking into the audio engine a bit more and I think I may have a plausible explanation why the game stutters on these files. I think its because the game only buffers a small amount of audio data at a time and relies on a callback to keep pumping more data into the buffers. The callback looks like it may be called more often during a game than on a menu and since the data rate is > 4x for the enhanced sound track, the game can't keep up with the lower frequency callback.