Where's ALL the C&C music?

kelliegator

I'm just recently getting into C&C after some nostalgia of briefly playing the series in my childhood, and one of the big nostalgic things for me is the music. And some of the music is really damn good.

BUT, for some reason, which I remember asking about briefly in another thread, most soundtrack collections, including the OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK CDs, don't have all the music. And it's especially frustrating when some of the best songs are left out of the official CDs (like the Tiberian Sun Firestorm expansion pack music, along with my favorite from that game, Nod Crush).

I'd love it if there was some place to download these songs that aren't on the CDs but I dunno if that's even possible or if they'll be in any satisfactory quality or just 16 bit mono or whatever.

Anyone know where the rest of the music can be found in a downloadable state, if it's even doable at all? And if it somehow breaks forums rules because of piracy, well, sorry. You can disregard this then. :S

I doubt it really matters if you own the games. You can already extract the music from the (free except for RA2) games if you want, by getting them from the site you're just getting the same tracks in higher quality.

Well, I'm a bit of an audiophile so I want the higher quality.

Given the fact that a lot of the tracks aren't sold anywhere in the quality available there, there's honestly not much choice.

If you want it legally, get your hands on the official soundtrack CD, the DOS version of the Covert Ops disk, and the Sega Saturn version of C&C. Then you have all music that exists in true CD high quality.

You said this:

If you want it legally, get your hands on the official soundtrack CD, the DOS version of the Covert Ops disk, and the Sega Saturn version of C&C. Then you have all music that exists in true CD high quality.

No direct mention that even if you buy all those disks, you won't have all the music in CD quality; you'll still be missing many tracks (that are CD quality on Frank's site). Note that I'm not talking only about Tiberian Dawn here - the OP asked for "ALL the C&C music", so I'm including all RA, TS/FS and RA2/YR tracks as well. For example, last time I checked, the Firestorm music simply isn't legally available anywhere.

Meh. You know me. When I see "Command & Conquer" I default to C&C1. But, fair enough :P

I did specifically say "all music that exists in true CD high quality", though. I don't count Frank's tracks in those; they're MP3 compressed :dry:

For the other games, besides the original soundtrack, to my knowledge the only CD audio that exists is the stuff on the Red Alert expansion discs, which, just like the DOS Covert Ops disc, are Redbook format, containing both PC data and CD audio tracks. Sadly, both discs contain the same Counterstrike tracks, and of those the "Voice Rhythm 2" track, just like the original game version, has an odd wonky error in it (at 3:47) that's actually fixed in the version on Frank's site.