Accidentlally coming out of Tiberian Sun

letthefunkflow

Question

I am playing on a laptop and sometimes when I hit the number key "1" to select the first team, I hit F1 and it takes me out of the game (it thinks I am going to do a search on Windows...), then when I try to go back in it changes the screen resolution but won't display the Tiberian Sun graphics - just my desktop on top of it. Is there any way around this, besides changing my team numbers?

I ask because I have nearly finished a level and this has happened....

Cheers!

5 answers to this question

I seem to remember having a similar with TD on my old laptop.  iirc, I googled how to turn the function button (fn) to the off setting by default and did that.  Maybe not what you're talking about, but in my case it wasn't F1 that was causing the problem, but rather the alternate functions of those same keys.

Well, I can only speak for my old experience, but my laptop had alternate functions attached to those keys as well.  So hitting F1 to try to chat ingame would result in the  monitor brightness going up or down or the volume being adjusted (or something like that, I don't remember).  Switching the "Fn" key off by default brought them back to their normal functionality.